[ALPHA 2 - DEC 22] Arch Linux ARM + Gnome 3

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Re: [OFFICIAL] [NATIVE] HP TouchPad

Postby armSeb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 am

Hi !

I have successfully installed the latest armV5 release. I have done the following to make lxde working :

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Sy xorg-xserver xf86-video-vesa fbset lxde

Xorg :0 &

fbset -pixelclock 1

DISPLAY=:0 startlxde')

Now I have to make touchscreen working ( include CY8CTM395 touchscreen kernel module ).

To make WiFi working, you have to chroot into archlinux rootfs (on WebOS) and install wireless-tools.

Then, put the following into /etc/rc.local

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/wifi/ar6000.ko
sleep 3
iwconfig eth0 mode managed key <your-wep-key> ESSID <yourESSID>
sleep 1
dhcpcd eth0')

If you want to ssh into your tablet you have to install openssh and disable Wireless power saving :

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
pacman -Sy openssh
echo "iwconfig eth0 power off" >> /etc/rc.local')
armSeb

Postby armSeb » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:18 pm

The fbset command avoid the display noises, but is not absolutely perfect.

I will try to make touchscreen working.

I am using the WebOS ar6000.ko module. I have to configure bluetooth kerboard too.
armSeb

Stuck at Extraction step

Postby amenditman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:26 am

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this, but I have been beating my head against it for so long I can't get it.

In the README.txt it says "- Mount the archlinuxarm partition somewhere and extract the armv5te rootfs
to it, not into a subfolder. Hint: /media/internal is the USB-mounted storage."
I have mounted it to /media/internal/archlinuxarm. I have the ArchLinuxARM-armv5te-latest.tar.gz in my /media/internal/downloads folder. When I try to extract the file to the archlinuxarm directory, it fails and says read-only filesystem.

I have tried to remount it rw, didn't work. Says not found in /proc/mounts.
I have tried to add the mountpoint to the fstab file, didn't work it is ro also. Couldn't remount it rw either.
Whenever I try to track them back, I keep running into files and directories being linked as read-only filesystem.

Any help would be appreciated.
amenditman

KDE Plasma Active Two released

Postby amenditman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:20 am

amenditman

Postby amenditman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:04 am

Thanks, that helps.

I am also wondering if you have a trick for moving files from your computer to your TP while it is running in Novaterm. jeanfrancis suggested using ssh to do it, which would work but adds a lot of extra set up. I can do it by closing novaterm and putting TP into usb mode and copy it, but then I have to get it out of usb mode and re-start novaterm. Kinda clunky, was hoping you guys have a straighter way.
amenditman

Postby armSeb » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 am

you can use cat and uuencode/uudecode to copy/past binary data to the TouchPad.
armSeb

Postby amenditman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks, I was just checking that out from a link jeanfrancis shared. Apparently, that is a supported feature for novacom.
http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Acc ... From_Linux
amenditman

Postby Varemenos » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Thats great man :D

Is there a 'to do' list of things that are not working/need fixing?

on an a bit of offtopic story someone stole my y-cable's delivery package :/
I mean come on, 3$ package and you steal it? what are you the least successful thief?
Varemenos

Postby amenditman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:41 am

I figured out all the questions I had. But I made an error in setting up moboot. Now I get the exclamation point triangle with words (something like palm/ROM) underneath.

Is there a way to restore just the bootloader or do I just need to Doctor and start again? God I wish I could get this running!
amenditman

Postby r2d2leboss » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Sorry for my noob question but when I try to manually install moboot putting file, i get this message :

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'novacom put file://boot/moboot.splash.ArchLinuxARM.tga < moboot.splash.ArchLinuxARM.tga')

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'b')ad or error response from other side: 'file open failed'
r2d2leboss

PreviousNext

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices