wandboard support

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Freescale SoC.

wandboard support

Postby boxi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm

hello, will the wandbaord (wandboard.org) be supportet (it has an freescale i.MX6 Duallite-cpu)? special with an headless-installation?

thanks for you work.
boxi

PS: i hope this is the right board
boxi

Re: wandboard support

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:37 pm

It will be, when I get a chance to get to it. I have a dual version in the box just off the edge of my desk :geek:
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby dpl » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 am

Hi, Can you please tell me what is required, in general, to get Arch running on a new ARM board (based on a supported chip)? Specifically, I have a wandboard dual with the freescale i.MX6 Dual-lite. The patched kernel code is available. Is it then mostly a matter of getting the right root filesystem on the SD card? I would much rather run Arch than Ubuntu or even Debian. I am an experienced C developer (15 years on linux), but no experience with ARM. I would be glad to help with the effort. Thank you.
dpl

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm

In the case of the wandboard, it should be as simple as use the boot loader and byok, until we confirm the imx6 setup works for it. It works perfectly for the sabrelite
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Well, it doesn't come up just like that, but I don't happen to have the right DB9 cable at the moment. Arg.
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Dunkelschorsch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi there!
I got my wandboard dual up and running by following the instructions here: http://www.eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/Wandboard

Just follow the steps for "Bootloader", "Linux Kernel" and "Setup microSD card" to the point.
For the rootfs, I used the official Arch root for the Nitrogen6X, which seems to be quite similar to the wandboard. Works like a charm, so far.

edit: forgot to mention, the default kernel config has all the cgroups stuff and autofs4 disabled. You have to enable it, when the menuconfig pops up. Otherwise systemd will go bonkers.
Dunkelschorsch

Postby Quinigma » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 am

Hi

I have been trying to get Arch working on my Wandboard Quad but I haven't had any luck so far. I've gotten Debian working by using the instructions on this page: http://www.eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/Wandboard

But when I use ArchLinuxARM-imx6-latest.tar.gz instead of debian I get no video and it doesn't connect to the network. I don't have any way to connect a serial cable right now so that's all that I can say about what is happening. There are no logs as far as I can tell. I think the kernel is configured correctly for systemd.

What do I need to do differently to get Arch working?

I'm guessing that I need something different in uEnv.txt? But nothing that I have tried has worked.
Quinigma

Postby libercv » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Same here. I have successfully generated a debian image, but can't get the i.mx6 arch linux image working. Any ideas?
libercv

Postby libercv » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Using a serial cable I've been able to have a look to the output of kernel messages. It fails with the message:
"Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to the kernel"

Trying to sort it out right now...

Tried with:
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
bootargs='init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd'

But it still fails

EDIT: Attach boot log
http://pastebin.com/HwsMUE5t
libercv

Postby libercv » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:55 am

I installed yesterday the official wandboard image and it works like a charm. In fact, I'm writing this post in it right now. Thank you, developers!
libercv

Next

Return to Freescale