Getting ft5x06 touchscreen working

This forum is for topics specific to the Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux ARM

Getting ft5x06 touchscreen working

Postby mmtrigger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 pm

I have a capacitive touch display from Newhaven Display (NHD-5.0-800480TF-ATXL#-CTP) which I am attempting to interface to my RasPi to use as a mouse input. It uses a FT5x06 capacitive touchscreen controller, but does not match up with the edt-ft5x06 module that comes with the kernel. I found a different module source with appear to apply to my screen, but generates a large number of undefined reference errors. I have the Raspberry Pi kernel headers installed as well as base-devel, but I'm thinking something bigger may be wrong here.

I'm not a kernel developer, but I've been put in a position where I have to get the touch inputs working soon. My first thought was just to modify an existing ft5x06 kernel module to work with my display, but maybe this is the wrong approach? I don't yet know if there's a way I can provide equivalent mouse functionality using Python and polling the I2C touch controller, but I find myself quickly getting in over my head. Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
mmtrigger

Return to Raspberry Pi