Odroid - U3 - packages required

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Samsung SoC.

Odroid - U3 - packages required

Postby hreikin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:02 pm

can anybody provide a list of packages required for me to be able to install lxde/slim on my odroid u3 ?

i have been fumbling around for a while now (weeks) trying to get to a desktop with the mali r4p0 driver installed and working and the only solution i have found is to build/install at the very least mesa-noegl from this repo :

https://github.com/hreikin/odroid-arch-packages

which is just a cleaner version of grippeds original repo with the PKGBUILDS updated (as best as i can) and maybe the xorg-server-dsd package as well (not too sure if it matters) all the rest are basically the same as the PKGBUILDS for packages available in repos so no point building/installing those

the odroid-libgl-mali folder/package is just a copy of the PKGBUILD from a pull request from the archlinuxarm github repo about the package odroid-libgl which tries to fix the mesa conflict it has, i havent had time to check if this works with mesa-noegl and if xbmc will run

the next problem i run into when i do manage to get a desktop is that when i compile xbmc and go to run it, it wont start and errors out like so :

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'libGl error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGl error: dlopen /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGl error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGl error: driver pointer missing
libGl error: failed to load driver: exynos
direct rendering: yes')

which i dont really understand, what i would like is a desktop with xbmc installed and runnable that isnt ubuntu/debian :D

any help would be greatly appreciated
hreikin

Re: Odroid - U3 - packages required

Postby mdrjr » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 pm

xf86-video-armsoc-odroid odroid-libgl xorg lxde
should work just fine..
What kind of xorg.conf you are using too?
mdrjr

Postby hreikin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:14 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'x')f86-video-armsoc-odroid odroid-libgl xorg lxde

odroid-libgl conflicts with mesa-libgl which gets pulled in by lxde, there is a pull request to fix this :

https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/pull/857

should i try that PKGBUILD and see if it works with the above packages ? i think they are looking into splitting mesa and adjusting dependencies.

this is my xorg.conf :

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# X.Org X server configuration file for xfree86-video-mali

Section "Device"

Identifier "Mali-Fbdev"

Driver "armsoc"

Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"

Option "DriverName" "exynos"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Mali-Screen"

Device "Mali-Fbdev"

DefaultDepth 24

EndSection

Section "DRI"

Mode 0666

EndSection')

EDIT: i installed the packages you suggested except for odroid-libgl from the repo, instead i git cloned and used the PKGBUILD from the pull request i mentioned earlier just to stop it conflicting with mesa-libgl and to see if can get to a desktop, i can, i used an xorg.conf i found here:

http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/Mali ... /xorg.conf

in glmark2-es2 it scores 37 :( in previous builds using grippeds updated mesa-noegl iv had scores of 60-70
hreikin

Postby knecht » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm in the same situation. I try to use LXDE/x11 on my odroid-u3 and would love to get some package recommendations.

How can I use the packages from https://github.com/hreikin/odroid-arch-packages ?

@hreikin: What packages do you use now?

I actual have installed xf86-video-armsoc-odroid xorg lxde.

When I try to install odroid-libgl from standard repo I get
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[root@alarm ~]# pacman -S odroid-libgl
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: odroid-libgl and gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-x11 are in conflict (mesa-libgl). Remove gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-x11? [y/N]
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: cairo: requires libgl
:: xorg-server: requires libgl
')

Where to get a dependency fixed package? What pull request do you mean?
knecht

Postby hreikin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 pm

if you use the PKGBUILD in the folder "odroid-libgl-mali" from the github repo you linked you should be able to build odroid-liblg-mali and get to a desktop with the "makepkg -s" command

check the README at the github repo it gives 2 different methods on how to install the packages and which ones you need

THE XORG-RELATED PKGBUILDS NEED THE PKGVER/PKGREL/MD5SUMS UPDATING TO MATCH THE UPDATED OFFICIAL PACKAGES TO AVOID CONFLICTS AS I HAVENT GOT ROUND TO IT YET - I WILL BE UPDATING GITHUB/MY REPO PACKAGES+IMAGE/AUR WITHIN THE WEEK - IF YOU CANT YOU COULD TRY INSTALLING THEM AND HOLDING THEM FROM UPGRADE IN PACMAN TO TRY AVOID CONFLICTS WITH NEWER VERSIONS IN OFFICIAL REPO ?

here is a thread from Odroid Forums with a premade image i made for the U3 - ARCH/LXDE/XBMC/MALI - XBMC isnt perfect, but the image is available to download here MY REPO PACKAGES/IMAGE courtesy of mdrjr at ODROID

i hope that helps a bit

mic
hreikin

Postby knecht » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:18 am

I'll try your image, thanks a lot.

I only need X11, so xbmc does not matter to me. I'll give feedback
knecht

Return to Samsung