Any idea on the USB 3.0 issue resolution timeline?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Any idea on the USB 3.0 issue resolution timeline?

Postby Sousapro » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:23 am

I was on a perfectly working pogoplug series 4 rig and accepted a kernel update and now i'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else with crashing. is this going to be the nature of the beast without flashing third party uboots or messing with environmental variables and hoping it still boots? if there was an easy fix other than don't use it in usb 3.0 mode, I would be all over it.

also don't want to come across as thankless but it was super frustrating to have my rig randomly stop working after a while. I assumed it was hardware related because I couldn't fathom linux failing to support usb 3.0 HDD suddenly :-(. you guys are awesome and I run your distro on multiple devices... also if there is no eta, no hard feelings.
Sousapro

Re: Any idea on the USB 3.0 issue resolution timeline?

Postby Sousapro » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:38 am

starting to get my head around the UAS issue now and how enormous it is. had no idea it was affecting desktop linux users as well. is there anything I can follow to let me know when it's been resolved 100%?
Sousapro

Re: Any idea on the USB 3.0 issue resolution timeline?

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Maybe the LKML ?
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Marvell Kirkwood