LED control on pink pogoplug?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: LED control on pink pogoplug?

Postby corbo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 am

fw_setenv arcNumber ####(replace with your arcnumber)

If you don't have fw_setenv and fw_printenv installed:

*Don't replace your U-boot environment though.*

cd /tmp
wget http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/ins ... ot_mtd0.sh
chmod +x install_uboot_mtd0.sh
./install_uboot_mtd0.sh
corbo

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:01 am

or you can install the package that has fw_setenv ;) uboot-env You will just need to uncomment the correct line in the config file.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby mcrump001 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm new to arch linux and pogoplug architecture. I have installed the uboot-env package as suggested but what line is the correct line to uncomment in the fw_env.config file for the pogoplug v2 (pogo-e02)?

Regards,

Michael Crump
mcrump001

Postby minimal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm using the Dockstar config on my E02:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# Configuration file for fw_(printenv/saveenv) utility.
# Up to two entries are valid, in this case the redundand
# environment sector is assumed present.
# MTD device name Device offset Env. size Flash sector size
#/dev/mtd2 0x0000 0x20000 0x20000

# segate dockstar:
/dev/mtd0 0xc0000 0x20000 0x20000
')

HTH
minimal

Postby calzon65 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 am

I recently reinstalled ArchLinuxARM on my PogoPlug V2. I wanted to find a new way to set the LED to green after my system reached multi-user mode and I wanted to utilize the new systemd approach.

Below is a systemd .service script I named setgreenled.service and installed (saved) in /etc/systemd/system. If you create this .service file you will need to activate it with the command systemctl enable setgreenled, then reboot or if you want to test it right away use the command systemctl start setgreenled. Here is the setgreenled.service file.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[Unit]
Description=Set Green LED
After=multi-user.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/bash -c '/usr/bin/echo none > /sys/class/leds/status\:blue\:health/trigger'
ExecStart=/usr/bin/sleep 1
ExecStart=/usr/bin/bash -c '/usr/bin/echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/status\:green\:health/trigger'

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
')

If you don't want to use the systemd .service file method above, you can create a tmpfiles.d .conf file. I also tested making one of these files, which I called setgreenled.conf and saved the file in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d. Just save the file in that directory and reboot. Here is the file.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
w /sys/class/leds/status\:blue\:health/trigger - - - - none
w /sys/class/leds/status\:green\:health/trigger - - - - default-on
')
calzon65

Postby moonman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 am

arcnumber doesnt work on e02. You need to set machid. Look in Unoot upgrading guide in my signature. It will go to green automatically.

EDIT: install uboot-env package and run this command:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'fw_setenv machid dd6')

That's it, no services necessary
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby calzon65 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Thank you moonman, that is even more elegant ... plus with the current distro (which I reinstalled from scratch a few days ago), there was no need to install any additional packages. I simply ran fw_setenv machid dd6 and rebooted.

If there was any benefit to using a service (my setgreenled.conf tmpfiles.d method listed above) it would be that it works as kind of an annunciator. When the PogoPlug is powered on, the power light starts off orange, but after it gets to a multi-user state the light turns green. Kind of a visual indicator that the system is booted and ready for service.
calzon65

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood