[Goflex Home 3TB] Newbie help

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [Goflex Home 3TB] Newbie help

Postby moonman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 am

Try with a USB 2.0 cable only. Also try the latest kernel I posted (3.8.1), they included some fixes for USB bus in it, and plugin the hdd after your plug has booted up.

If you want to plug the drive in directly, you should've ordered this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-FreeAge ... 5652b1c590
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby dikins » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'T')ry with a USB 2.0 cable only.

Unfortunately usb enclosure has only USB 3.0 socket.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', ' ')Also try the latest kernel I posted (3.8.1), they included some fixes for USB bus in it, and plugin the hdd after your plug has booted up.

I've found only "linux-kirkwood-dt 3.8_rc2-1" in AUR (btw what does dt mean?). I'm GFN owner and the latest kernel version for it is "linux-kirkwood 3.7.10-0".

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', ' ')If you want to plug the drive in directly, you should've ordered this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-FreeAge ... 5652b1c590

Yep, I have it already.
dikins

Postby moonman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:40 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('dikins', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'T')ry with a USB 2.0 cable only.

Unfortunately usb enclosure has only USB 3.0 socket.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', ' ')Also try the latest kernel I posted (3.8.1), they included some fixes for USB bus in it, and plugin the hdd after your plug has booted up.

I've found only "linux-kirkwood-dt 3.8_rc2-1" in AUR (btw what does dt mean?). I'm GFN owner and the latest kernel version for it is "linux-kirkwood 3.7.10-0".

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', ' ')If you want to plug the drive in directly, you should've ordered this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-FreeAge ... 5652b1c590

Yep, I have it already.

Usually USB 3 connector is USB 2.0 plus a separate USB 3.0 extension.

DT is device tree, you don't have to worry about it for now. And I meant this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5145
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby dikins » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', ' ')And I meant this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5145

Installed it. "dmesg" input is the same.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[ 97.231689] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
[ 97.451687] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
[ 97.671687] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
[ 97.891688] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
[ 98.111685] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
[ 98.331718] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
')
dikins

Postby moddy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:12 am

Hi.
I use a dockstar with debian.
Yesterday i wanted to try out ArchLinuxArm (alarm) on another dockstar i have.

I followed the instructions http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/seagate-dockstar exactly but failed.
I used a USB-HDD and a USB-Stick that worked with debian before so it can't be the Stick.

Problem:
The dockstar has no IP (not shown on the webinterface of my fritzbox).
After i reboot the stick is working, but when the stick-led stops flashing, the flashing orange dockstar-led changes to green and stops flashing (solid green).
How should the LED be after bootiung alarm?

I tried all the stuff that i found in the forum (fsck & /usr/sbin/fw_setenv usb_rootfstype ext3) and i repeated the installation several times.

Strange seems to me, that the "sync" before the reboot only takes a second.

Could that be the problem?

Thanks for help!
moddy

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood