Pogoplug v2 & owncloud

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Pogoplug v2 & owncloud

Postby servili007 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks for the heads up, I just wanted to know that I didn't go the route of building uwsgi for nothing.

Luckily, WebDav mounting on my workstations works well enough for me to unload most apps in owncloud and use it mostly as a downloader front end for the versioning system.
servili007

Postby tedm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:07 am

I haven't gotten owncloud running on the dockstar yet, but haven't found apache and php 5.4 to be too much larger than lighttpd or nginx with php-fpm, free-m shows about 34M with regular apache and php 5-4, I think it showd high ~28M with other combos.

I also have Samba 4 running. Thanks Moonman and all for the excellent how-to in this thread.
tedm

Postby servili007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 am

I changed my setup a bit and have much better results now.

I keep the data folder at the default so that the sqlite db and logs are all on the flash drive and wont spin up my external and hold up access. Before creating a user, I symlink in the user folder from the appropriate mirrored location on my external hard drive.

I'm doing this on owncloud 5.0.3-1 from the AUR since we were still sitting at 5.0, which has seen quite a few fixes.
servili007

Postby grayman4hire » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm shelving owncloud for now. Here I am messing with setting up owncloud on my PogoPlug, when the stock cloud engine software pretty much does what I need (easy way to backup my wife's iphone camera roll) and with a much nicer iOS app (have you seen OwnCloud's iOS app?).

I love the concept of owncloud, but they have a little ways to go and too slow on the PogoPlug.
grayman4hire

Postby pedroren » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:27 am

Hi, I haven't been able to make owncloud work with nginx in my pogoplug.
Got any working complete guide?

Thanks!
pedroren

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood