Pogoplug 4 Network Issues at Work

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Pogoplug 4 Network Issues at Work

Postby moonman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:06 pm

If I'm not mistaked, bootcmd=run bootcmd_original should not include '='. If I am right, you will have to get serial.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby bodhi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'I')f I'm not mistaked, bootcmd=run bootcmd_original should not include '='. If I am right, you will have to get serial.

I believe it should be
./blparam bootcmd='run bootcmd_original'
bodhi

Postby jonnojohnson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Well either way I'm not able to access it either at work or home.
jonnojohnson

Postby moonman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 pm

And you won't be able to until you get a serial and fix that. There is a thread on this forum with instructions how to do that using serial. Another way that *may* work is to use the official revert instructions here: http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5 ... s-ui-tabs3 it doesn't work for some, for some it does. If it does work for you, then it will set the proper bootcmd for you without using serial. Try different flash drives if it doesn't work the first time.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby jonnojohnson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'A')nother way that *may* work is to use the official revert instructions here: http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5 ... s-ui-tabs3 it doesn't work for some, for some it does. If it does work for you, then it will set the proper bootcmd for you without using serial. Try different flash drives if it doesn't work the first time.

Don't think that will work unfortunately. I actually still had the "revert" usb drive installed (from the first time I reverted back from ALARM to stock) when I used bootcmd=run bootcmd...
I've since tried to reboot the PP both with and without the revert usb drive installed but no joy.
I notice that the revert drive now has some new files/dirs written to it so I suppose I could remove those and try again.
jonnojohnson

Postby moonman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:59 am

Don't know for sure if other dirs will cause problems, but likely they will. I think U-Boot environment will ls the flash dtive, and compare output to the "revert" (or whatever it needs to be) string, obviously the string will be longer if there are more files/folders. Format the drive, dont just delete the files though. If you delete the files, windows will create $RECYCLE folder which is invisible under windows, but it is there.
moonman
Developer

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood