NSA325v2 Doesn't boot

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

NSA325v2 Doesn't boot

Postby Skelle93 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello

When I followed everything in http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/zyxel-nsa325 and booted up the NAS,
nothing happens but the blue power LED is on. I can't see this device on my network either.

What could the issue be here?
Skelle93

Re: NSA325v2 Doesn't boot

Postby Socaltom » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:16 pm

1) If you remove the USB drive and reboot the system does the Zyxel system come back up?
If yes, then something wasn't right with the USB thumb drive

2) If no, then the install probably worked, but for some reason the system was unable to create the partitions on the hard drive and install the correct filesystem.
In that case, you need to inspect the hard drive in a Linux machine to see if the filesystem was installed properly. ( and if not, install it correctly.
( if you didn't remove the partitions from the hard drive before the install, then this is what would happen).
Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Re: NSA325v2 Doesn't boot

Postby summers » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Same happened when I installed on an NSA325.

I just pulled the HDD, plugged it into a desktop linux machine, and redid the filesystem on the HDD. You can find the instructions on what you need to do in one of the files on the USB stick, IIRC its the sh2 file.

Anyway doing this - then moving the HDD back to the NSA325 and it worked fine.

Also took advantage when doing this to set up ARCH as I wanted it, e.g. created a seperate /home partition.
summers

Return to Marvell Kirkwood