kodi-[imx/rbp] upgrade to Isengard

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Re: kodi-[imx/rbp] upgrade to Isengard

Postby jurafxp » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:44 am

Thx moonman, with this updated build, Kodi 15.1 is now working for me on Wandboard Quad (kernel 3.14.14).
jurafxp

Postby wpault » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Thanks moonam :D Your new build seems to work correctly on my Raspberry Pi2 - kernel 4.1.6-2
wpault

Postby halomadei » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:59 am

Hello

For me even your new Build doesn't work. I use the build from:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'O')k, these are compiled with GCC5.1 for sure:

Code: Select all
https://olegtown.pw/Public/ArchLinuxArm ... pkg.tar.xz
https://olegtown.pw/Public/ArchLinuxArm ... pkg.tar.xz

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
pacman -Q --info kodi-rbp
Name : kodi-rbp
Version : 15.1-1
Description : A software media player and entertainment hub for digital media (Raspberry Pi)
Architecture : armv7h
URL : http://kodi.tv
Licenses : GPL2
Groups : None
Provides : xbmc kodi
Depends On : hicolor-icon-theme fribidi lzo2 smbclient libtiff libva libpng libcdio yajl libmariadbclient libjpeg-turbo
libsamplerate libssh libmicrohttpd sdl_image python2 python2-pillow python2-pybluez python2-simplejson libass
libmpeg2 libmad libmodplug jasper rtmpdump unzip xorg-xdpyinfo libbluray libnfs avahi bluez-libs tinyxml
raspberrypi-firmware libcec-rpi libplist swig taglib libxslt shairplay
Optional Deps : afpfs-ng: Apple shares support [installed]
lirc: remote controller support
polkit: permissions for automounting external drives and power management functionality [installed]
udisks: automount external drives [installed]
upower: used to trigger power management functionality [installed]
unrar: access compressed files without unpacking them [installed]
lsb-release: log distro information in crashlog [installed]
Required By : None
Optional For : None
Conflicts With : xbmc kodi shairplay-git arm-mem-git
Replaces : xbmc-rbp
Installed Size : 52.57 MiB
Packager : Unknown Packager
Build Date : Wed Aug 26 15:38:53 2015
Install Date : Fri Aug 28 11:16:15 2015
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : Yes
Validated By : None
')

However, unlike for the others, this build doesn't starts for me. I already deleted my userdata but this did not change the situation.

A coredump can be found https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acf1y69to603rs4/AAApbUl3fgftRRJFGlMiSKp_a?dl=0.
the pid file gives the program names of the pidis. Its a text file. A debug log is allso within the linked folder.

I noticed that in some rare cases kodi does start. I managed to grep a log file of such a case. Thi is the kodi.old.log file within the linked folder. The kodi.log file is the ususal case when kodi does not start. Currently I don't know what has changed during the start up. Can it be a systemd problem, since the boot oder is not the same between to bootup processes?

Edit:
Using kodi-rbp-git I can atleast start up kodi. However with this version if I add my advancedsettings.xml witch connects to the mysql server, the startup of kodi hangs in a crashloop. The logfile of this kodi v16 crash can befound in the above linked folder under the name:
kodi_crashlog-20150828_153309.log
I'm not shure but if I uderstan by journalctl correctly, than the kodi.bin filde should be the coredump of such a crash of the kodi v16.

Cheers
halomadei

Postby jebarb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Halomadei, you likely have some other problem that is creating issues for you. First and obviously, double check to be sure you're installing the correct package out of the second set he uploaded. Next try moving your entire /var/lib/kodi/.kodi directory so you're starting on a completely clean slate. If that doesn't work, collect your logs and check with the folks at the Kodi forum.
jebarb

Postby SuperBFG7 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:00 pm

Hello

I can confirm that the GCC5.1 builds resolve the problem for me as well (rpi2, local library).

I noticed however that for some files there is a problem playing the audio stream (mp3). Could this be related?
The files played without problems on kodi 14.x

cheers!
Daniel
SuperBFG7

Postby Orbi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Am I installing these GCC5.1 build correctly by using the following command?

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -U https://olegtown.pw/Public/ArchLinuxArm/kodi-15.1/kodi-imx-15.1-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz
')
Orbi

Postby moonman » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 pm

should be right, except it might complain about signature of the package.
If it does, either change /etc/pacman.conf
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'RemoteFileSigLevel = Required --> RemoteFileSigLevel = Optional')
or wget the file first and then install it from the local storage with
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -U /path/to/file.pkg.tar.xz')
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby Spider007 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 pm

@moonman, your local builds work perfect on rpb2, why are they not in the official repo? The ones that are in there only segfault?
Spider007

Postby moonman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Because everything in the repos comes out from the builder farm which has gcc5.2. Moving forward this problem will have to be addressed, but for now my local builds is going to be the workaround for those who need kodi with db. I've looked at gcc changes but could not find anything relevant, but i am no compiler expert.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby asbachb » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:45 pm

So is there any idea what causes the problem? In the kodi forum they mentioned the new ABI, but when I get it right was already introduced in 5.1 not in 5.2 which is only a bugfix release.

Perhaps the build's using the new ABI instead of the old one? I'm not very familiar with gcc at all. Is there any way to validate that?
asbachb

PreviousNext

Return to ARMv7h