Pogo as dhcp client - location of config settings

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Re: Pogo as dhcp client - location of config settings

Postby tedm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:42 am

ok, so there is a netcfg.service file in that dir but it is 0 bytes, with 644 perms.
tedm

Re: Pogo as dhcp client - location of config settings

Postby tedm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:03 am

I installed a router in between an already routed connection in bridge/switch mode (I did not plug into the WAN port), and the pogo did get it's IP from the edge router dhcp server and was seen throughout the network (samba shares, ssh, etc.)

I then did a poweroff and plugged the pogo into a different switch on the same network, that routes to the same edge router, and it didn't pull an ip address.

I reset, checked cable, green is solid, switch and pogo show link at GbE. no arp or ssh, looking at router stats for dhcp attached devices and it does show a couple of clients or devices broadcasting, but this is normal, and I can't yet determine what mode the pogo is in.

To ensure the dhcp server was functioning, at least partially functioning, is that I can go to either switch and on a windows system, ifconfig /renew and release, or ifconfig ethx down / up on linux systems.

So I'm thinking that the pogo dhcpcd may just need to do a few more retries. Checking dhcp and mac network traffic with wireshark or network monitor is next.
tedm

Previous

Return to User Questions