libpng12 package

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

libpng12 package

Postby mashley » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi all

I have previously been able to install the libpng12 package using pacman under Arch on my RPi, but today when I tried to install it I received an error saying that the target was not found. The software I need this for does not work with the later version of libpng so I need libpng12. Is there an archive I could download this package from, or does somebody happen to have the pacman archive I could get a copy of?

Thanks in advance.
mashley

Re: libpng12 package

Postby mashley » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Ahh you're right, thank you! I did actually try making a package from the AUR version after changing the arch line, but got some obscure error message which I now can't remember. Having tried it again though it's now building happily.

I actually managed to build and install the library from source manually, but would much rather have a binary package I can just install with pacman whenever I need to.

Do you know if there is a reason why it was migrated to the AUR? Just seems to make things a bit more tricky to get working, and also means I need to keep hold of a copy of the package for future use unless I want to build from the AUR every time...
mashley

Return to User Questions