extract armv5te

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

extract armv5te

Postby notoneofmyseeds » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:07 am

Hello and thanks in advance. A noon here, asking please for directions on how to extract the armv5te. I lost ssh password and this is the solution Warheadsse suggests, but although this method is common I can't find a way in the forum to do it. I have never done it. If you can please show me or direct me where I can learn how to do this on a pogoplug pink. Thanks a lot.
notoneofmyseeds

Re: extract armv5te

Postby Socaltom » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3312&p=19207#p19207
This tells you how to reinstall. I beleive that is what Warheads was describing.
TOm
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Postby notoneofmyseeds » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 pm

Thanks for that. I had found it earlier today.

I did it. The only error it gave me was that rootfs dir does not exist.

I created it, mkdir rootfs, got proper path to the usb, sdb, etc. And it was all done, donwloaded and extracted. I used PartedMagic to boot the machine.

And then I installed it USB on the front port, then the top back port, but the pogo is stuck on amber at the front, suggesting it did not boot.

This was installed on a 32GB USB stick.

Please, if you have other ideas, let me know.
notoneofmyseeds

Postby notoneofmyseeds » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:38 pm

I have followed the guide http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3312&p=19207 using an 8gb USB drive, the same that I had arch installed in.

That guide says: "cd /media/rootfs"

This was not possible so I had to do: cd/media/sdb1/rootfs, after creating a folder in the flash drive called "rootfs"

I had first formatted as instructed.

Anyway, the rest went smoothly. But it does not matter what port on the pogo in plug the USB into, the result is the same:

an amber light in the front. I still can't ssh into it. While it's booting, I do get green light that stays for a long time, and then it later changes to amber. It picks up an IP. I can ssh but can't log in because the password, "root" is rejected, which means it's not loading the USB drive.

I welcome and thank anyone who can help me deal with this on gong problem which has lasts now for weeks.

Thanks a lot!
notoneofmyseeds

Postby Socaltom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:22 am

Don't make a folder named rootfs. The thumb drive should labeled rootfs when you format it

In the example you posted below, you should have gone to /dev/sdb1 and extracted the filesystem in that location.
What's happening now is that when you try and boot, the uboot looks on the thumbdrive in the root (/) directory and nothing is there because you put it in /rootfs

Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Postby moonman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 am

You didn't label the partition as "rootfs". That is why it got mounted as /media/sdb1 . You don't really have to label it (anymore), but then make sure you extract to /media/sdb1. Don't create any folders on the flash drive. (see above Socaltom's post)
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to User Questions