GoFlex Home install - few questions

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

GoFlex Home install - few questions

Postby sweetthdevil » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi all,

Planning on installing archlinux arm on my goflex home as the title imply, been using arch on my desktop for about 10 years. So I am fairly confident for the install.

The reason I want to do it, it's because I am using openstora at the moment and pyload to download. The big issue is the writing speed of the ntfs drive that maxed at about 2mb/s - have download speed of 8~10mb/s on my PC. So since I need to move my files to format the drive I am taking the opportunity to get arch.

1) Am I correct thinking the speed of writing on the disk with Ext3 will be much better? What can I expected?
2) If I want to be able to access my file from the web (outside of my home network) what's the best options?

Thank you,
sweetthdevil

Re: GoFlex Home install - few questions

Postby moonman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm

1. Depends on the driver and mount options, but generally yes. You can use ext4 too.
2. Setup ddns
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to User Questions