New Pogoplug Classic; POGO-P24

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

New Pogoplug Classic; POGO-P24

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi,

I have ordered new Pogoplug Classic for 39.95 (It is not series 4 or pro.)

Support answered this:
"The processor used on devices is Marvell 88F6192 chip with ARM V5 CPU 800Mhz and 128 ram." !!! UPDATE - it is false info from support!!!! Later confirmed different CPU!!!
"The Pogoplug Classic includes 4 USB ports to connect with standard storage devices, each one up to 4TB. and The supported drive formats are NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, EXT2, EXT3. However, using USB hubs is not supported by Pogoplug, that is the reason for implementing multiple ports on the Pogoplug."

I need further specification!
Has it sata onboard ? can I use this sata somehow? Which debian or archlinux can be used for this board?
Any further info from this device?

Regards,
Robert.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: New Pogoplug Classic; POGO-P24

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Honestly, these statements are contradictory to evidence. I will need pictorial evidence, plus
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/mtd
lsusb
lspci')
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:47 am

cpuinfo will determine what it actually is.

If it is in fact an 88F8192, then it's the same SoC in the V4/Mobile.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 am

Hi Guys!

Thanks for quickly answering me. Based on your help, at least can start google...

A few days and will have device in my hand. Then cat proc back.

None of pogoplug user opened made picture about board for p24?
Is there a hack to use sata if its exists on board?

Support sayed no sata on p24. I hope it means no official one but board has, and no soldering needed?
We will see!

Any adviced links about hardware?

Regards Robert

Postby firefoxPL » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi, I've actually just received my Pogoplig Classic, which was also named POGO-P24 on the shop site, but before I've purchased I asked on Pogoplug facebook page what version it really is and they've answered that it actually is POGO-B01 just renamed. I will plug mine today and try to put the Arch linux on.
Pogo-P24 (new Pogoplug Classic) - ALARM on SATA (mediatomb, netatalk, avahi, time machine, swap, openvpn)
Pogo-E02 (v2 Pink) - ALARM on USB (netatalk, avahi, cryptodev-linux, getting ready for L2TP)
firefoxPL

Postby firefoxPL » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi again, I've just opened my POGO-P24 and it definitely has a PLX NAS7820 CPU, here is the pic: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3130735/IMG_0309.JPG
Pogo-P24 (new Pogoplug Classic) - ALARM on SATA (mediatomb, netatalk, avahi, time machine, swap, openvpn)
Pogo-E02 (v2 Pink) - ALARM on USB (netatalk, avahi, cryptodev-linux, getting ready for L2TP)
firefoxPL

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Yup, matches the P21/P25 & B01-B04. It's a PCI-less board, and ought to install out of the box :)
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby firefoxPL » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 pm

I was wondering about using only a SATA HDD, but I have one question about the connectors, in the picture there is a red SATA connector (CON3), but in your gallery from the SATA topic you only point to the small white connector (J3), does it mean that the SATA-like (CON3) is not actually SATA?

edit: I think I've just figured it out, correct me if I'm wrong, the small white connector is a UART, and SATA is SATA :)
firefoxPL

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Guy,

Thank you very much for pictures(FirefoxPl) and identify device type(Warheadsse).

BUT what the support said? Are they totally out of information??????
Regarding pogoplug.com - I have never saw such an informationless webpage for a technical device!!! and never contacted so incompetent support: They said totally different platform, cpu type,cpu speed, and interface(sata).

Fortunately community does their job! Thank you guys. :)

Sorry guys,for angry but spent hours to collect any technical details and result was: None.

So have I a good chance to have ESata interface working with p24?

Regards,
Robert

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 pm

As with all of the OX7820 based Pogoplug devices, yup.. And I even have picture on my public G+ album.
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Next

Return to Community Supported