kmihelich wrote:When you build up your SD card, use the mkcard script provided to partition it. After you format it, make sure that MLO is the first file copied into it, then copy the rest in. When you don't see anything on serial, it just means that the board didn't like the setup of the SD card for whatever reason.
I used the script the times I tried before, I did this again, twice, step by step:
- use mkcard.sh on sd card
- mount sd card with pmount
- copy MLO to sd card
- unmount (just to be safe)
- sync;sync, eject sd, put back in. (again, just to be safe)
- mount second partition untar rootfs in there.
- mount first partition again put u-boot.bin, boot.scr, uImage on it.
- boot.scr was created like this
I just tried twice and it just won't work. I even zeroed out the whole card the second time, still did not work. Should I upload the first partition for debugging?
The same card worked with a different image what am I doing wrong?
edit: only putting the MLO file in there won't help either.
edit2: mkfs.vfat -F 16 and only MLO file, not working
edit3: wow, this makes me go wonky. i tried so many configurations now. some work, some won't. Some work then after reproducing it again it does not. I'm gonna stop now. For today :/