WarheadsSE wrote:;) It's your OS disk, You'll need to sort out what is accessing files so often, quite possibly services you have running, maybe logs..
That's what I thought too. When I tested it, there was no any additional service installed.
All I want is really simple:
1. Use Pogoplug as NAS server, with Samba and miniDLNA installed
2. Share HD with the best performance (speed)
3. Spin down (idle) HD when it's not in use
Here is the different approaches:
1. Boot entire from SATA:
Issue on #3: Can't make it work to spin down HD, since the HD is system drive
2. Install Archlinux in standard way (meaning NAND boot on a USB flash drive) and share HD attached to USB port
Issue on #2: Not the best performance for shared drive
3. Install Archlinux in standard way (meaning NAND boot on a USB flash drive) and share HD attached to SATA port
Issue: Can't to make it boot from USB flash drive, since SATA has higher priority but it's not system drive
Any suggestions? Thanks.