PP E02 Add Files to Attached Drives Issues - Size Matters

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

PP E02 Add Files to Attached Drives Issues - Size Matters

Postby BrianofNazareth » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:41 am

PogoPlug E02, fresh install via the guides & Obihoernchen's Blog. Webmin, Udevil, Samba. Updated to Kernel 3.7 . Installed on a 2GB Flash Drive. Using as a music server (NTFS 750GB) which works great.

The Problem: OS X 10.6.8 & Win XP Pro SP3 see the attached drives (1 is NTFS, 1 is EXT4), but unable to add anything more than 1.15 GB (the reported free space on the install drive). The other drives report free space as, you guessed it, 1.15 GB even though they have 100's of GB free. Can add files if the batch is smaller than 1.15GB only.

Any help will be appreciated!
BrianofNazareth

Re: PP E02 Add Files to Attached Drives Issues - Size Matter

Postby moonman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 am

Make sure to share the right directory with samba. If you share /media where all the drives are mounted then media itself is located on the rootfs partition and samba sees it as part of it and reports the wrong size. Create a separate share for each drive
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Re: PP E02 Add Files to Attached Drives Issues - Size Matter

Postby BrianofNazareth » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks Moonman. I was able to mount them by using Webmin after several tries. I'll call this a "Learning Experience".
BrianofNazareth

Return to Marvell Kirkwood