Pogoplug v2 (Pink/Gray)
The Pogoplug v2 is the second device from CloudEngines to feature Pogoplug software. It excelled where the original Pogoplug was lacking by including 4 USB ports and a more noticeable hardware profile.
The gray Pogoplug was introduced at a later time to better fit in with users' existing components, which were not as pink as the original Pogoplug v2.
Recently, Cloud Engines has began shipping new Pink Pogoplugs with model numbers POGO-B01/02/03/04/P21 - these are completely different devices and you should NOT follow the guide on the installation tab above. Look in the "ARMv6" section for these models, or click here.
Supported Model Numbers:
- VERIFY YOUR MODEL NUMBER! These instructions only apply to models POGO-E02 and POGO-E02G.
- These instructions will void your warranty. While every precaution is taken to ensure nothing bad happens, all actions are at your own risk.
- my.pogoplug.com, the mobile applications, and the desktop Pogoplug connector will no longer work.
- With the device on and online, attempt to SSH to the IP the device received through DHCP. If you are unable to SSH, register and enable SSH through my.pogoplug.com. The default login (unless changed through my.pogoplug.com) is root/ceadmin.
- Stop the Pogoplug software so it doesn't interfere with the install process:killall hbwd
- Start fdisk to partition the USB drive:
- At the fdisk prompt, delete old partitions and create a new one:
- Type o. This will clear out any partitions on the drive.
- Type p to list partitions. There should be no partitions left.
- Now type n, then p for primary, 1 for the first partition on the drive, and then press ENTER, accepting default values.
- Exit by typing w.
- Create the ext3 filesystem:
cd /tmp wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/mke2fs chmod +x mke2fs ./mke2fs -j /dev/sda1 mkdir alarm mount /dev/sda1 alarm
- Download and install Arch Linux ARM:
wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/bsdtar chmod +x bsdtar wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinuxARM-kirkwood-latest.tar.gz ./bsdtar -xpf ArchLinuxARM-kirkwood-latest.tar.gz -C alarm sync umount alarm
- Download the U-Boot installer
wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/armv5te/boot/pogo_e02/pogo_e02.sh chmod +x pogo_e02.sh
- Run the installer to download and flash U-Boot:
- If successful, reboot:
- The Pogoplug will now reboot into Arch Linux ARM.
- Log in with user/password: root/root
- Run a full system update:
- Change the root password.