The DockStar is Seagate's first plug computer, designed to work with their FreeAgent Go portable hard drive line. The device has a total of four fully powered USB ports, with one being used as a mini-USB adapter to dock a FreeAgent Go drive into the top.
This device has reached End Of Life and is no longer sold by Seagate.
There are two known hardware versions that have been released:
- 100576825B - 512MB NAND
- 100576825C - 256MB NAND (most common)
- These instructions will void your warranty. While every precaution is taken to ensure nothing bad happens, all actions are at your own risk.
- My.pogoplug.com, the mobile applications, and the desktop Pogoplug connector will no longer work.
- With the device on and online, attempt to SSH to the IP the device received through DHCP. If you are unable to SSH, register and enable SSH through my.pogoplug.com. The default login (unless changed through my.pogoplug.com) is root/stxadmin.
- Stop the Pogoplug software so it doesn't interfere with the install process:killall hbwd
- Start fdisk to partition the USB drive:
- At the fdisk prompt, delete old partitions and create a new one:
- Type o. This will clear out any partitions on the drive.
- Type p to list partitions. There should be no partitions left.
- Now type n, then p for primary, 1 for the first partition on the drive, and then press ENTER, accepting default values.
- Exit by typing w.
- Create the ext3 filesystem:
cd /tmp wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/mke2fs chmod +x mke2fs ./mke2fs -j /dev/sda1 mkdir alarm mount /dev/sda1 alarm
- Download and install Arch Linux ARM:
wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/bsdtar chmod +x bsdtar wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinuxARM-kirkwood-latest.tar.gz ./bsdtar -xpf ArchLinuxARM-kirkwood-latest.tar.gz -C alarm umount alarm
- Download the U-Boot installer
wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/armv5te/boot/dockstar/dockstar.sh chmod +x dockstar.sh
- Run the installer to download and flash U-Boot:
- If successful, reboot:
- The DockStar will now reboot into Arch Linux ARM.
- Log in with user/password: root/root
- Run a full system update:
- Change the root password.