Seagate GoFlex Home
The GoFlex Home is a device based on the Marvell Sheeva plug computer platform, and is the successor to the DockStar and sister device to the GoFlex Net. Unlike the GoFlex Net, the GoFlex Home comes with a single SATA connection used by either a 1, 2, or 3 TB hard drive that comes with the device.
- These instructions will void your warranty. While every precaution is taken to ensure nothing bad happens, all actions are at your own risk.
- my.pogoplug.com, the mobile applications, and the desktop Pogoplug connector will no longer work.
- Make sure to back up any data on the drive you plan to install on. Formatting the drive will delete any data on the drive.
- With only the drive you intend to install Arch Linux ARM to plugged in (all data will be erased), switch on the power.
- Set up a user in the device's web interface. If needed, perform a full reset by holding the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- With the device on and online, SSH in to the GoFlex Home.
- Take note of the IP address associated with the device.
- Take note of the product key located on the bottom of the unit, it will be in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.
- Replacing USERNAME with the user you have set up in the Home's web interface, and using that user's password, SSH in:
- Gain root access:sudo -E -s
- Stop multiple daemons so they don't interfere with the install process (you can copy/paste):killall -9 mynetworkd access-patrol seagate-lifecycle oe-spd xinetd udevd httpd avahi-daemon smbd nmbd vsftpd afpd minidlna mt-daapd check_igd.pl igd-daemon
- Turn off swap:/sbin/swapoff -a
- Unmount the SATA drive so it can be formatted:while [ `mount | grep sda1 | wc -l` -gt 0 ]; do umount -f /dev/sda1; done
- Verify the drive is no longer mounted by looking for /dev/sda1 in the mount list:mount
- Start fdisk to partition the SATA drive:
- At the fdisk prompt, delete old partitions and create a new one:
- Type o. This will clear out any partitions on the drive.
- Type p to list partitions. There should be no partitions left.
- Now type n, then p for primary, 1 for the first partition on the drive, and then press ENTER, to accept the default value for the beginning of the partition and +20G for the next prompt.
- Create a partition for the remainder of the drive. Type n, then p for primary, 2 for the second partition on the drive, and then press ENTER to accept the rest of the default values.
- Exit by typing w.
- Create the ext3 filesystem:
cd /tmp wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/mke2fs chmod +x mke2fs ./mke2fs -j /dev/sda1 mkdir alarm mount /dev/sda1 alarm
- Download and install Arch Linux ARM:
cd alarm wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/bsdtar chmod +x bsdtar wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinuxARM-kirkwood-latest.tar.gz ./bsdtar -xpf ArchLinuxARM-kirkwood-latest.tar.gz cd .. umount alarm
- Download the U-Boot installer
wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/armv5te/boot/goflexhome/goflexhome.sh chmod +x goflexhome.sh
- Run the installer to download and flash U-Boot:
- If successful, reboot:
- The GoFlex Home will now reboot into Arch Linux ARM.
- Log in with user/password: root/root
- Run a full system update:
- Change the root password.
More to follow..
su <admin account> sudo ifconfig en0 alias 10.10.10.5 sudo ifconfig en0 alias 10.10.10.4 sudo ifconfig en0 alias 10.10.10.2
sudo ifconfig eth0:0 10.10.10.5 sudo ifconfig eth0:1 10.10.10.4 sudo ifconfig eth0:2 10.10.10.2
nc -luk 10.10.10.5 6666
nc -lu 10.10.10.5 6666
nc -luk 10.10.10.4 6666
nc -lu 10.10.10.4 6666
nc -luk 10.10.10.2 6666
nc -lu 10.10.10.2 6666