The Nitrogen6X is a low cost development platform designed by Boundary Devices. The board is available with a variety of accessories including: 5MP OV5642 Camera, 7” 800×480 TTL display with 4-wire resistive touch, 7” 1024×600 LVDS display with PCAP multi-touch, Android Button board, and more. The i.MX6 processor sports a wider and faster memory bus (64-bit DDR3 1066), integrated HDMI, Gigabit ethernet and additional display channels with a high level of integration. Some additional highlights of the board include:
- Three display ports (PRGB, LVDS, HDMI)
- Multi-stream-capable HD video engine delivering 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode and 3-D video playback in HD
- 3D graphics with quad shaders for up to 200 Mt/s with separate 2D acceleration engines
- Dual SDHC card slots
- PCI express port
- Analog audio in/out
- Power over Ethernet support
SD Card Creation
- Create a single partition formatted ext3 on a micro SD card.
- Download the root filesystem tarball and extract it (as root, not with sudo) to the ext3 partition on the SD card. It is important to do this as root, as special files need to be created as part of the filesystem that can only be created by root.
- Safely unmount the card, and insert it into the slot on the top of the board.
- Apply power.