The Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 is a new line of ultraportables designed specifically for Google's Chrome OS. Powered by a Samsung Exynos 5250, it gives you two cores running at 1.7GHz each and an included Mali-T604 quad-core GPU.
- Exynos 5250 Dual-Core @ 1.7Ghz
- 2GB DDR3L
- 16GB eMMC
- 11.6" / 1366x768
- 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual Band)
- VGA (dongle)
- 1x USB 3.0 / 1x USB 2.0
- Boot your ChromeBook into Developer Mode and make sure to enable booting from USB
- Insert an 8GB or larger SD card into the slot on the left.
- Download the rootfs to your ChromeBook and write it to your SD card.
sudo su cd /tmp wget http://us.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/os/ArchLinuxARM-chromebook-latest.img.gz umount /dev/mmcblk1* zcat ArchLinuxARM-chromebook-latest.img.gz > /dev/mmcblk1 (this can take quite a while depending on the speed of your SD card) sync
- Now, reboot your ChromeBook and when the splash screen comes up hit CTRL + U
- You should now be booted into Arch Linux ARM on your ChromeBook.
USB and Internal eMMC installs are in the works. If you don't mind having something hanging off the back, a USB3 SSD works AMAZINGLY well.