python-cryptography on arm5 needs updating for certbot

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

python-cryptography on arm5 needs updating for certbot

Postby technosf » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 pm

On a Kirkwood arm5, certbot is broken:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cryptography'')

I believe this is because the arm python-cryptography package is at 3.3.* instead of 36.*

Please could we have python-cryptography 36.* for arm5 please!

Thanks in advance
[size=85] MochaBin 5G || NSA325 [/size]
technosf

Re: python-cryptography on arm5 needs updating for certbot

Postby moonman » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:26 pm

Not likely to be fixed as armv5 is EOL: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15721
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby technosf » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:49 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'N')ot likely to be fixed as armv5 is EOL

Indeed, but without the ability to transition off armv5 before all my certificates expire, and I would believe this is going to affect a fir few people, I am wondering if it's possible to get this package built.

Also, I am looking at the possibility of downgrading certbot to keep it running.
technosf

Postby moonman » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:19 pm

I'm not sure how difficult it is to build that particular package or the dependencies, but you can definitely downgrade certbot:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15698
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby technosf » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:49 am

'Fraid there are a host of dependencies on Python - it's a snakes nest. I can't get it back to a working checkpoint. :cry:

I'd like ask the powers that be to look kindly upon that one python-cryptography package and hopefully tide us arv5 type over until new systems are built out.
technosf

Postby moonman » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:15 pm

You can set the a repor to the archive, downgrade all packages with pacman -Suuy, then add all pythin packages to ignorePKG list in pacman.conf and set the repo back to the official and do an upgrade. Or only upgrade selectively

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_L ... cific_date
moonman
Developer

Postby technosf » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:48 pm

To prep for downgrading, I modified pacman.conf and added linux and systemd subsystems as Ignores (no point upgrading them at this point), and added an commented-out entries for python et al and for certbot.

I backed up the current mirrorlist and changed the entry to point to http://tardis.tiny-vps.com/aarm/repos/2021/11/30/
I then ran a downgrade:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Suuyy')

A couple of errors came up (had to run it a couple of times) regarding pre-existing files - these were symlinks for libraries - I deleted them, and the upgrade completed, and certbot worked :lol:

I edited pacman.conf and uncommented the the ignores for python and certbot, then restored the mirrorlist and ran a regular $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Syu'). Ran $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'certbot renew --dry-run') successfully and then the actual $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'certbot renew')

Now to reboot!

Thank you moonman for that suggestion!
technosf

Return to Packages