STM32 arm-none-eabi compiler for ArchLinux for Raspberry 2

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

STM32 arm-none-eabi compiler for ArchLinux for Raspberry 2

Postby Zif » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:31 pm

So, there is a Raspberry Pi 2, running Arch Linux. There are an OpenOCD and GDB installed on this setup. A "blue pill" STM32F103 development board connected, using SWD connector. The flashing of .bin files is okay, but now I want to debug the firmware running on STM32 within GDB, running on Pi. It seems to be possible, since there is a project ARMinARM. But trying to build the compiler on Arch Linux for Raspberry 2 failed with the message:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables')
The part of log with errors

I tried to follow ARMinARM build manual, but stuck here. The googling around the error message says, I need multilib to be installed for 32 bit support. But, cannot find such a package. Tried to add [multilib] section into /etc/pacman.conf, with no luck, as well.

Within the log there is a hint to look into config.log. But there is no such a file, 'locate' says.

Can someone point me how to properly build the toolchain for STM32 compilation under ArchLinux?
And, do I really need it for debug of STM32 firmwares?

Thanks!
Zif

Return to Packages