"makepkg" versus [glibc-2.23-4-armv7h]

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

"makepkg" versus [glibc-2.23-4-armv7h]

Postby rmu » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:00 pm

This concerns the "glibc" package.

Up until today, my "makepkg" experience was--

1] Download a relatively small archive.
2] Decompress the archive's files in a subdirectory somewhere.
3] Run "makepkg".
4] Applaud the result.

I need a copy of "libc.so" built without the "enable-lock-elision" switch, for a Raspberry Pi 2 installation of ALA. So I performed steps 1-3, expecting step 4 would follow shortly. Instead, "makepkg" immediately whined about a missing PKGBUILD. When I inspected the contents of the parent directory and its subdirectories, it was obviously lthe result of running "makepkg", not the files required to run it successfully.

So I banged on the "Source Files" link on https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/armv7h/glibc. The four files I found included PKGBUILD. So I converted the relevant piece of four web pages, each containing the file's text, into a correctly named file, and added them to an empty directory.

This time, when I ran "makepkg", I was presented with--

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '==>ERROR: glibc is not available for the "armv7h' architecture.')

At that point, I threw up my hands and wrote this note. Can someone furnish a clue about what's going on here? What have I overlooked?
rmu

Re: "makepkg" versus [glibc-2.23-4-armv7h]

Postby cmsigler » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

I believe the problem is the arch= array in PKGBUILD not including your architecture. I just learned this trick here thanks to willemw:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'makepkg --ignorearch')
HTH :)

Clemmitt
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Odroid-C2
- Raspberry Pi Zero
cmsigler

Re: "makepkg" versus [glibc-2.23-4-armv7h]

Postby rmu » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:26 am

Thank you, Clemmitt, and my apology for the tardy response. Progress is finally being made.
rmu

Return to Packages