[SOLVED] Firefox 47.0 segmentation fault

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

[SOLVED] Firefox 47.0 segmentation fault

Postby zeke » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I am having the same problem on my RPi and on my LG G3 running alarm in chroot with Linux Deploy. I have tried reinstalling several times, with no change in outcome. If I delete ~/.mozilla, firefox will start up, ask if I want to import settings from chromium (also installed on both devices), and then open up a window with 3 tabs - the default pages from Mozilla. They will load, but within a few seconds, the window closes with a seg fault error on the command line. If I try to restart, the crash is instant until I again delete ~/.mozilla.

I have tried to find an earlier package to install, but I can't find an archive for arm packages like I use for my x86 arch installs.
I may have an earlier version in my cache on the Rpi, but I haven't checked that yet. Hoping to figure out the problem with the current release in any case.

Hoping for some help troubleshooting and solving.
Last edited by zeke on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeke

Re: Firefox 47.0 segmentation fault

Postby cmsigler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi,

Check these boards under Software -> ARMv7h. There are reports of Firefox and Thunderbird segfaulting/coredumping.

Unfortunately, no solutions. Only suggestion (from Reddit thread) is to downgrade to an earlier package you may find on
Arch Linux ARM Rollback Machine. HTH.

Clemmitt
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Odroid-C2
- Raspberry Pi Zero
cmsigler

Re: [SOLVED] Firefox 47.0 segmentation fault

Postby zeke » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Perfect thanks, I did not know where to go for previous versions of ARM packages. Also missed the Software forums, sorry if this went into the wrong forum.

Rolling back to v.45 resolved the problem. Hopefully the next update will fix the issue.
zeke

Return to Packages