[Solved][[kodi-rbp-git]Update to beta6 breaks HDMI-CEC

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

[Solved][[kodi-rbp-git]Update to beta6 breaks HDMI-CEC

Postby Qowy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 am

Hi,
after updating to beta6 HDMI-CEC is no longer functional. Downgrading to beta5 solves this.

My debugging has yielded little so far.
If you do a "cat kodi.log | grep cec" beta5 shows entries related to loading the libcec.so ( LoadDLL debug messages), however these are completely absent in beta6 (or any reference to cec at all)

(device is a rbp3)
Last edited by Qowy on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qowy

Re: [kodi-rbp-git]Update to beta6 breaks HDMI-CEC

Postby graysky » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:25 am

Does it need to be rebuilt against an updated version of libcec-rpi?

EDIT: you don't need to cat the log and pipe into grep, just grep directly.
graysky
Developer

Postby Qowy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Sadly I am not really sure what the issue is. I tried downgrading p8-platform to 2.0.1 (which was an issue a week ago as discussed one thread below :) ) thinking maybe that this was broken again with the new beta but that didn't change anything.

I tried replacing libcec-rbp with libcec since its version is 4.0 and not 3.1 (and kodi mentioned in its changelog that they updated libcec), however that did also not change anything (however this may just be due to the fact, that libcec maybe does not work correctly on a rbp?)

As I mentioned before what strikes me as really odd, is that libcec.so is (according to the log) never even attempted to be loaded which would make me think it is an upstream issue. However I could find nothing about this problem on the official forums and the beta is already out for a week so one wopuld think if it were broken in libreELEC or OSMC someone would have noticed by now :D
Could it be, that the package was compiled wihtout CEC support enabled (how would one check that) ?

Looking at https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... t/PKGBUILD:
it seems like --enable-libcec is never supplied to the build process (maybe this was implicit and is no more?)

For example https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC. ... package.mk seems to supply it (lines 89 and 249)
Qowy

Postby graysky » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:10 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Qowy', 'C')ould it be, that the package was compiled wihtout CEC support enabled (how would one check that) ?

Looking at https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... t/PKGBUILD:
it seems like --enable-libcec is never supplied to the build process (maybe this was implicit and is no more?)

Unless there is a bug in the code, so long as the dependency is present when the ./configure setup runs, it will compile it in:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', './configure -h
--enable-libcec enable libcec support (default is auto)')

If you want to test, add '--enable-libcec' to the PKGBUILD and build it.
graysky
Developer

Postby Qowy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Very strange, I'm going to compile it myself with an explicitly set flag for testing.

But if that's not it, any other ideas?
Qowy

Postby Qowy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Interesting building results in

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'checking for CEC... no
configure: error: == libcec disabled. CEC adapter support will not be available. ==
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...')

Which probably means that using auto it will not build with libcec support.

Does it maybe expect libcec 4.0 and libcec-rpi only supplies 3.1

EDIT:
Ok after switching out libcec-rpi (3.1.0) for libcec (4.0) this error did not occur.

I'm guessing since it is set to auto it will simply think libcec is missing and not compile with CEC support.

It seems libcec-rpi has to be updated to 4.0 and after your build server has that that the build of kodi-rbp-git has to be recompiled
Qowy

Postby Qowy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Ok just to confirm (I've seen you already changed it on github) after building libcec-rpi 4.0 and then rebuilding kodi17b6 HDMI-CEC is working again. Thanks for fixing it in the Repos :)
Qowy

Return to Packages