[Repository Request] Open Source Platforms / Install Guides

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

[Repository Request] Open Source Platforms / Install Guides

Postby cookiengineer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey guys,

currently it is not possible to open pull requests or write fixes for the Installation Guides in the Platforms section.
Also, there is no specific subforum for such a task and neither a place to open issues on github.

The Installation Guide for the Odroid XU3 is incomplete and not failsafe as it will never work with an eMMC attached to the SD adapter (due to its protected boot section). So in that case, both an eMMC and a microSD card need to be used in parallel to successfully install alarm.

The article is here: https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... odroid-xu3

What is the official channel for changes to the website? I would love to do a pull-request for it. I wrote an email already, but there's nobody reading on the other end.

Is the website available on github, too?
If it's in the archlinuxarm orga, it's a private repository and nobody can see it.

PS: Please note that issues were disabled pretty much everywhere on github, so as a developer I don't really get the point why to go through the forum dispatch trouble. Anyways, also I'm not talking about the wiki here, I'm talking about the Platforms Table, the details pages and the installation guides.

Cheers,
~Cookie
cookiengineer

Re: [Repository Request] Open Source Platforms / Install Gui

Postby graysky » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:41 pm

I think a wiki system like the one Arch uses would be better as it wouldn't introduce an overhead on the already overworked dev team. The community should drive the wiki in other words.
graysky
Developer

Return to Packages