linux-kirkwood-dt 4.11.3-1

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

Re: linux-kirkwood-dt 4.11.3-1

Postby summers » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Digging out what changed from 4.10 to 4.11, its seems to be this commit:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commi ... 4bc8829827

Han't yet proved that these changes make the difference ....
summers

Postby moonman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Yes, that is the commit that breaks sata. Thanks @summers, I really didn't have to do much this time 8-)
The fix is committed and will appear as linux-kirkwood-dt 4.11.3-2 in repos soon.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby summers » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:40 pm

@moonman

Have you emailed the maintainer to reverse the patch? If not I'll do so, or rather try each half of the patches - to see what caused the fail. Alas looking at the code, and its a bit too involved with the kernel, for me to understand why the change was made, or what new code was trying to achieve, and so how to change it to work.

Its a pity that this wasn't picked up earlier - I guess we on arch arm are amount the first people to try updates to the code. And so we don't pick up at rc level, but only later.

Anyway that it caused so many failures, we should be able to get a reverse in the code. Which means we on arch don't need to maintain a patch. But we'll be doing well to get reversion into 4.12,,,
summers

Postby moonman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:52 pm

You are free to go to the mailing list, summers. And no I haven't.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby planeteater » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Looks like the fix is already in upstream:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg173986.html
planeteater

Postby summers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Does latest update (4.11.6-1) have a similar problem? Just updated, and after a reboot no signs of life ....

Ah no - this one is different. on my NSA325 hitting the power button once, and it powers down after about 5 seconds. So it is alive enough to have detected the powerr button being pushed - but looks like it hasn't brought up the network ...

Strange. Guess its a reinstall (again) or see if the board has the uart pins on it ....
summers

Postby Kabbone » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:14 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('summers', 'D')oes latest update (4.11.6-1) have a similar problem? Just updated, and after a reboot no signs of life ....

My NSA325 boots up with it fine. Running flawlessly here
Kabbone

Postby summers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Kabbone', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('summers', 'D')oes latest update (4.11.6-1) have a similar problem? Just updated, and after a reboot no signs of life ....

My NSA325 boots up with it fine. Running flawlessly here

Thinking about it I made one change to the systemd network before I rebooted, I added:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'IPForward=ipv4')
As can't enable general forwarding, with stateless IPv6; hower my beagle bone black is on the nas (via usb port) so need the nas to forward ip traffic. So was trying *just* ipv4 routing. [Guess I could do forward via nftables - but I don't really need the fire wall set up (but may need nat, depening on how I set up my router ....)]

Anyway IPForward is mention on the main systemd page: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.network.html but I think not mentioned on the arch page. So make me wonder.

Not sure when I'll get the chance to pull the HDD, plug into my desk top, to remove the change and see if that fixes it

Actually - guess i should have moved this to a new thread - as its a sperate problem. Maybe if a mod reads they could move. Have pulled the HDD - just need to plug in and check .... maybe tomorrow ...
summers

Postby summers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:56 am

Finally got round to mounting the nas hdd on my desk top, today when on leave.

Removed just the one line from /etc/systemd/network/eth0.network

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'IPForward=ipv4')

Plugged the disk back into the nas - and it booted straight away. So guess the question is why doesn't the eth nework come up when this is set - when its a documented option.

Oh yes- note this is off topic from the original topic - originally though to be related, but solution says its a different issue. Is there anyway to split the topic?
summers

Postby summers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:41 pm

And just to close down my last post. To get arch to forward just ip4 to a BBB use:

/etc/sysctl.d/30-ipforward.conf
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'net.ipv4.ip_forward=1')

and if routing isn't set up and using nftables then remove drop from:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'table inet filter {
chain forward {
type filter hook forward priority 0; policy accept;
drop
}
}')

and add

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'table ip nat {
chain prerouting {
type nat hook prerouting priority 0; policy accept;
}

chain postrouting {
type nat hook postrouting priority 100; policy accept;
masquerade
}
}')

Have yet to work out how to get IPv6 stateless forwarding to work ...
summers

Previous

Return to Packages