Arch Linux ARM v7 kernel/bootcode update on Raspberry Pi 3 i

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

Re: Arch Linux ARM v7 kernel/bootcode update on Raspberry Pi

Postby graysky » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 am

Yes, the HDMI-systemd connection is not obvious to me. Can you verify robust reboots on all your other hardware as well? I would think 8 reboots on each pi would be the seal of approval beyond what we have already done.
Last edited by graysky on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
graysky
Developer

Postby aroberts » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:57 am

Ok I've done that:

3xPi3 (v7l) all ok rebooted 5 times
2xPib (v6l) all ok rebooted 5 times
bonus 1xPi3 (aarch64) ok rebooted 5 times
aroberts

Postby lucsansag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:24 pm

I've been having this problem since I installed Arch in my new Pi 3 less than a month ago, right from the first day and completely randomly.I usually have it running the whole day and turn it off at night, and I don't usually have to reboot, but when I do there's just no pattern, it can work well 15 times and then fail.I run the pi headless and the first couple of times it happened I plugged the HDMI cable when it was inactive with the red LED and saw that it was a kernel panic, pretty similar to the image @graysky posted.I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything except this thread now.Everytime I've tried rebooting with the Pi plugged to the monitor it worked correctly.

Today after an update of systemd and the kernel I rebooted and it happened again.

I just don't get, before getting this Pi I had been running a Pi 2 with Raspbian, same peripherals including WiFi adapter with the same driver, same kernel versions, had it running headless for two years, this problem didn't happen once.
lucsansag

Postby aroberts » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:05 am

The problem you are having is totally different to mine, which is now resolved with the updated systemd.

Are you using it headless over WiFi?
I tried that when I first got a Pi3, and it didn't seem to work well.
Try it cabled, if that solves the problem, don't just leave it. Start a NEW thread for that specific issue.

Andrew
aroberts

Previous

Return to Packages