[solved] python-notify required package problem

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

[solved] python-notify required package problem

Postby phdeez » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 pm

I am trying to install periscope (for sickbeard), which requires python-notify. It seems the pygtk-2.24.0-1 has been updated to 2.24.0-2 per the extras repo (http://archlinuxarm.org/arm/index.php?d=extra/). Any idea how I can modify the required files to use the next one?

Also, it's been awhile since I've visited Arch Linux ARM.com, and I like the new domain, looks, and forums! Although, I will admit I thought I was in the wrong place :P. I assume Archlinux provided some support in this transition, and I'm excited about that! Good work!

FWIW, I downloaded the 2.24.0-2 version from the repo and copied it to 2.24.0-1 without success in the /var/cache/pacman dir. It said it was invalid or corrupt.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', ':: File pygtk-2.24.0-1-arm.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n--] 91%
(34/34) checking package integrity [##############################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
pygtk-2.24.0-1-arm.pkg.tar.xz is invalid or corrupted')

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is to fix it.
phdeez

Re: [solved] python-notify required package problem

Postby phdeez » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Duh, I just had to install pygtk first (2.24.0-2), then python-notify didn't care what version was installed, since pygtk was already there.

Sorry.
phdeez

Re: [solved] python-notify required package problem

Postby kmihelich » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Glad you figured it out. We are wholly separate from the Arch Linux sphere, though they did give us permission to rebrand using their trademarks, which lends to a better description of the project. Arch Linux ARM just wasn't as fitting anymore. We use their package build files of course, and only modifying where needed to compile on ARM. Otherwise, it's all in-house.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to Packages