[ceph] segfaults on multiple platforms

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

[ceph] segfaults on multiple platforms

Postby XenGi » Fri May 08, 2020 10:16 am

It seems like the problem from here is still present in the current ceph package. I tried it on a raspberry pi 4 and now on a Odroid N2.

Basically when you run ceph-mon it segfaults. I couldn't find the ceph package in the alarm github repo, so I thought alarm probably just imports the PKGBUILD directly from upstream arch. The logs from the package in alarm and the ones in x86_64 arch differ but mention the same maintainer, so I'm a bit confused how this all works. I can't find out where the PKGBUILD for the aarch64 ceph package is, so I can't try to fix it.

Maybe someone could explain or point me to some docs that do that. I already tried strace but I'm not able to understand its output. Maybe someone with more debugging knowledge could guide me through the process of finding out what is wrong.

What I would like to do first is compile and build the package myself but as I can't find the PKGBUILD I don't know how and I want to reproduce the same package.

here are some additional notes that might help:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
$ uname -a
Linux alarm 4.9.219-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 00:14:49 UTC 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
$ pacman -Q linux
linux-odroid-n2 4.9.219-1
$ pacman -Q ceph
ceph 14.2.8-1
$ ceph-mon
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
')

The ceph tools itself run fine on ARM. Ceph even releases aarch64 packages in there official repos. When I run a container with a centos base image and install the upstream packages everything works fine. My guess is that alarm needs to adjust some compilation parameters in the PKGBUILD.
XenGi

Return to Packages