After installing updates my rasp pi 2 will not boot.

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

Re: After installing updates my rasp pi 2 will not boot.

Postby m040601 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:35 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', '@')graysky

...I just sent f7990c9 corresponding to the last-good bootloader....
...The package was build a few min ago and should be available to mirrors shortly.....
...raspberrypi-bootloader 20201215-1 hit the repos....

A big thanks to graysky and all the PKGBUILD maintainers/commiters, for reacting so prompt to this and helping mitigate the upstream mess. Although Arch ARM doesnt have neither the manpower nor ressources comparable to Arch x86, your time and dedication to this project is really appreciated. It really makes one feel much more confident on using a rolling release Arch on ARM.
m040601

Postby bulletmark » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:25 am

Nikita790 wrote:
"I feel like there should be a warning somewhere, about this update breaking boot."

I wish there was. Just updated today 24 hours later and find all my 3 Raspberry Pi's fail to boot then I discover this thread. :(

Arch has a news/announcement page which can be checked before doing the update. I use this to automate that check. Arch ARM should also have such a news page, particularly given the number of boot failure updates we have seen.
bulletmark

Postby bulletmark » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:58 am

Copying all the files manually from the updated `raspberrypi-bootloader-20201215-2` and `raspberrypi-bootloader-x-20201215-2` packages fixes the problem for my two Pi 2B's but does not fix the problem with my Pi 3B. That one will still not boot. I have repeated the process a few times. Anybody else with a model 3 recover from this? Any ideas?
bulletmark

Postby graysky » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:34 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('bulletmark', 'N')ikita790 wrote:
Arch has a news/announcement page which can be checked before doing the update. Arch ARM should also have such a news page, particularly given the number of boot failure updates we have seen.

Thanks for the feedback. We were actually just discussing the best method of communicating things. For now, the most convenient place is the announcement section. However, in this case, it was users who discovered this issue.
graysky
Developer

Previous

Return to Packages