[linux-espressobin] SATA is (still) not working

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

[linux-espressobin] SATA is (still) not working

Postby teus » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:47 pm

My old thread got locked. I now enabled email updates when people reply.

Updating the kernel beyond linux-espressobin-5.0.9-1-aarch64 breaks the SATA.
While the issue states to update your U-boot, I'm already on U-Boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.1-gaee49fc.

follow-up of
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14296&p=63138#p63138
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13675
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14870

I could go ahead and re-compile the bootloader, but it just seems like a recipe for misery for me. I would have to disassemble the entire device, move it to another location and then spend too much time over a serial connection to get it working.
teus

Re: [linux-espressobin] SATA is (still) not working

Postby mxr » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:36 pm

I use an espressobin v5 and one v7 both with a 2.5" sata harddrive without problems. I updated U-Boot to version 18.03 from armbian. (see https://www.armbian.com/espressobin/ )

I once tried recompiling U-Boot for a more up-to-date UEFI implementation but with out success.
mxr

Postby teus » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Thanks for your reply. I believe I started out with Armbian, but it stubbornly kept crashing every few days or weeks.
Meanwhile I did another full update, and now I can use SATA with the latest kernel again.
I'll keep that higher version of U-boot in mind. What happened to the Espressobin platform anyway? It looks as good as dead.
teus

Postby mxr » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:29 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'I')'ll keep that higher version of U-boot in mind.

armbian stringly suggests on its website to update (thats the reason I did it), your stability issues might get resolved that way

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'W')hat happened to the Espressobin platform anyway? It looks as good as dead.

Don't know, but last month I ordered my v7 (directly from globalscale) and it got delivered, so at least that part works. maybe it's at EOL?
mxr

Return to Packages