Broken Dependency glib2 on aarch64

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

RaspberryPi - can't find libffi.so=7-32

Postby 4rt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:41 am

So I didn't really want to create a whole new thread for this issue, so i'm updating this post, my previous issues, for the most part, are either taken care of or not really an issue anymore. Soo....

Whenever I try to upgrade with `pacman -Syu` i get the following error:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "libffi.so=7-32", a dependency of "glib2"')
I tried searching the packages and I see that there is a libffi however it provides : libffi.so=8-32 rather than libffi.so=7-32, is there anyway I can force glib2 to accept the newer package?

pacman -Q libffi --> libffi 3.4.2-4 - so I have some version of it...
when I run makepkg I get : ==> ERROR: libffi is not available for the 'armv7h' architecture.
so not sure whats going on

By the way this is a required dependency of glib2 so I kinda need it don't I?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
_________________________________________________________________________________
PREVIOUS POST (left here for archival reasons):

Hey so I spent my weekend trying to get different versions of arch onto my raspberry pi 3 (have a 4 coming in that I also plan to use arch on as well) however I have 2 issues...

The first is I can't get UART serial to work on pins 14 & 15, I spent way too much time googling/looking and have given up and am asking for help as I have run out of other options/ideas.. I'm getting garbage using this adapter :https://ftdichip.com/products/us232r-500/ (which uses a FTDI-FT232R chip) when using `enable_uart=1`, `dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt` ,`dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt` or variations of a combination of those... any ideas/help? Parameters used -baud=115200 / 8 data bits / 1 stop bit / no parity / no control flow /-/ tried PuTTY and Tabby same results /-/ loopback tests show transceiver is working correctly.

Also, from my reading v8 & v7 should work on the raspberry pi 3 , however only ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest works, I can't get the pi to boot using ArchLinuxARM-rpi-2-latest, or ArchLinuxARM-rpi-aarch64-latest (I added the neccessary dtb, config.txt, cmdline.txt, overlays folder and even tried adding 2 missing elf and start files that are in ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest but not ArchLinuxARM-rpi-aarch64-latest). Every time I try to use anything but v6 the furthest I get is the rainbow output on HDMI (for ArchLinuxARM-rpi-aarch64-latest that is) no further info I can gather, unless someone has a way to get some type of debug info. I guess it really doesn't make a difference but maybe someone has some words of wisdom for me?

EDIT: uart was voltage level issue so that's been taken care of
Last edited by 4rt on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
4rt

Re: RaspberryPi 3 - Can't get serial to work...also v8 (only

Postby unformatted » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:57 pm

On a Pi3 you can install both ARMv7 or ARMv8. I'm not sure what you are doing when you are copying files and folders but that's not the way to install arch on a Pi. You just have to follow the instructions as described on the main page platforms section to the letter and from the beginning (i.e. starting with the formatting of your sd card), no need to copy files around. Just make sure you do it from a linux box and make sure you are root.
unformatted

Postby 4rt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Yea, I understand that, so I may have misworded my original post. If you go to https://archlinuxarm.org/ and go to Platforms > [v6, v7, v8] > Broadcom > Raspberry pi you will get different packages. v6 = ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest - v7 = ArchLinuxARM-rpi-2-latest and v8 = ArchLinuxARM-rpi-2-latest / ArchLinuxARM-rpi-4-latest or you can also go to Platform > v8 > generic which gives you ArchLinuxARM-rpi-aarch64-latest (https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/generic) where you have to manually add certain files and that is the package that i was referring to when I said I was copying dtb and overlay folders for. So essentially the package or link described under v6 works but not v7 or v8 ... is there much of a difference between the packages?
4rt

Postby unformatted » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:55 am

From the ARMv8 generic page: "This is intended to be used by developers who are familiar with their system, and can set up the necessary boot functionality on their own." So why would you want do go that way on a raspberry pi?

If you want to install arch arm on a raspberry pi, go to broadcom, not generic.
unformatted

Postby 4rt » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:47 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'S')o why would you want do go that way on a raspberry pi?

like I said, because ArchLinuxARM-rpi-2-latest (v8) from https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/broadcom/raspberry-pi-3 wouldn't boot ... only ArchLinuxARM-rpi-latest (v6) from https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/broadcom/raspberry-pi-3 was able to boot so I tried to do it that way as it's listed as an option on the bottom of https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/broadcom/raspberry-pi-3. I guess that can be considered another question - what's the difference between v6 and v7/v8?

Excuse my ignorance I'm just trying to get what seems to be the most recent and up to date image running rather than and older one.
4rt

Postby unformatted » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:15 am

V6, 7 and 8 are the ARM architectures. Which one you need depends on your hardware. I remember there was an issue with Pi3 not booting a couple of days ago, I believe that was solved so you might want to try the installation again. You can search the forum for details.
unformatted

Broken Dependency glib2 on aarch64

Postby ggalt » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:50 pm

While doing a system upgrade, I get the following message on my aarch64/Pi3 systems:
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'libffi.so=7-64' required by glib2

I currently have libffi-3.3-4 installed. Pacman offers an upgrade to 3.4.2-4 (which bumps libffi.so from 7-64 to 8-64)
I currently have glib2 2.68.3-1 installed.
ggalt

[RPi4 aarch64] failed to prepare transactions during upgrade

Postby unformatted » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:59 pm

On RPi4 aarch64 using linux-raspberrypi kernel I have an error while upgrading:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[sudo] password for user:
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core 203.2 KiB 379 KiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
extra 2.3 MiB 6.16 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
community 5.5 MiB 6.76 MiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
alarm 55.6 KiB 120 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
aur 7.3 KiB 49.1 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'libffi.so=7-64' required by glib2
')

I looked at the wiki under pacman but couldn't find a similar error under troubleshooting, googling also did not help. This is a new installation which was last upgraded on september 30. I did no partial package upgrades. I noticed the same error trying to upgrade another RPi4 which was last upgraded on october 8.
unformatted

Re: [RPi4 aarch64] failed to prepare transactions during upg

Postby unformatted » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:01 pm

Same problem posted 9 minutes ago by @ggalt ..
unformatted

Re: Broken Dependency glib2 on aarch64

Postby mnemonic » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Yeah i can confirm this issue. Same thing is happening here.
mnemonic

Next

Return to Packages