CUPS and Graphics

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

CUPS and Graphics

Postby Socaltom » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 pm

I think my issue is with CUPS. I've got an HP LJ 1320 printer shared through CUPS/Samba on a Pink V2. When I print PDF files, nothing happens unless I change the settings on my windows box to send Raster instead of Vector graphics. Everything else prints fine, and If I plug the printer directly into the windows box it works fine. CUPS doesn't even recognize that a job was sent, nothing appears in the que. I'm using the HPPLIB drivers, but I had to use hp-setup to install the drivers, since CUPS can't seem to find my drivers ( neither does HP-setup but it allows you to enter the path).

Any ideas what I forgot?
Thanks
Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Re: CUPS and Graphics

Postby bodhi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:58 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Socaltom', 'I') think my issue is with CUPS. I've got an HP LJ 1320 printer shared through CUPS/Samba on a Pink V2. When I print PDF files, nothing happens unless I change the settings on my windows box to send Raster instead of Vector graphics. Everything else prints fine, and If I plug the printer directly into the windows box it works fine. CUPS doesn't even recognize that a job was sent, nothing appears in the que. I'm using the HPPLIB drivers, but I had to use hp-setup to install the drivers, since CUPS can't seem to find my drivers ( neither does HP-setup but it allows you to enter the path).

Any ideas what I forgot?
Thanks
Tom

It was a while ago, but IIRC after I've installed CUPS (on Dockstar) I only needed to install the Windows driver for the HP printer (1200) on my Windows laptop.
bodhi

Return to Packages