[OFFICIAL] sabnzbd

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

Re: [OFFICIAL] sabnzbd

Postby ygator » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:37 pm

I installed cherry
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@Arch Linux ARM install etc]# pacman -S cherrypy
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): cherrypy-3.2.0-1

Total Download Size: 0.48 MB
Total Installed Size: 2.67 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages from community...
cherrypy-3.2.0-1-arm 494.4K 316.2K/s 00:00:02
checking package integrity...
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
(1/1) installing cherrypy
')
It shows python-cheetah already installed
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[root@Arch Linux ARM install etc]# pacman -Ss python-cheetah
extra/python-cheetah 2.4.0-1 [installed]
A Python-powered template engine and code generator
community/python-cheetah 2.4.4-2 [installed: 2.4.0-1]
A Python-powered template engine and code generator
')
Still the same message
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[root@Arch Linux ARM install etc]# /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd start
:: Starting SABnzbd [BUSY]
The following modules need to be installed: Cheetah, cherrypy(included, unpack the zip), sqlite(if python2 2.4)
')
ygator

Postby kientran » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 am

I have the same issue with a fresh install from the 2011-02 release.

It seems that python-cheetah from the repos is not working correctly with the shipped python3.2. Sabnzbd tries to import cheetah but it doesn't exist in the python3 space, and it fails. (The error message we are getting should be changed to say "unable to load cheetah" instead of unable to load a bunch of different things as the try block is only concered with cheetah).

I went a round about way to install python 2.6 and followed the steps outlined here.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=360#p2960

I did have to uninstall python3.2 completely (and all associated dependancies/dependents) and start over from python 2.6. Note that OpenSSL for python2.x is not really available via the repos. It still requests python3 to be installed.

Also, sabnzbd from the repo will not install as it requires python3.2 in it's dependency listing. I just pulled it directly from sabnzbd.org and used that version.

I would say the first thing we need to solve is to get cheetah working under 3.2 python. I havn't checked any of the other dependencies such as cherrypy and sqlite for python3.2 compatibility, but I would imagine we need to check those as well.

I haven't checked the latest 0.6.x betas yet, but if they continue to use Cheetah and cherrypy, it won't work in our default install either.
kientran

Postby ygator » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 am

I got it working.

After reading your message kientran I had a look at Cheetah and found the problem.
Cheetah is installed under /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Cheetah, but when python2 is
run it is version 2.7 not 2.6. So what I did was move /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Cheetah to /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ and it worked.

Now what can be done to the packages to make it come out correct.
ygator

Postby ygator » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:08 am

From a clean install of 2011.02 and all the updates with pacman -Syyu
Here is how to install sabnzbd:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S sabnzbd
mv /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Cheetah* /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
pacman -S rtmpdump')
The rtmpdump package gives you /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0 which is used by curl and curl is used in /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd to stop sabnzbd from running. Also wizard step 5 which restarts sabnzbd will need it as well.

A few other things I noticed.
1. python-cheetah depends on python (version 3), but is installed under /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
2. python-yenc depends on python (version 3), but is installed under /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
3. sabnzbd says it dpends on python (version 3) which I do not think it uses, but probably is only there because of the two packages above.

python-yenc is installed under /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages like python-cheetah. It should probably be under 2.7 as well, but I have not run into any problems yet.
ygator

Postby kientran » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:05 am

Works great ygator!

Why did you include the rtmpdump package though? I don't see why we need that for sabnzbd.
kientran

Postby ygator » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('kientran', 'W')hy did you include the rtmpdump package though? I don't see why we need that for sabnzbd.

Sabnzbd needs curl.
curl needs /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0
rtpdump will install /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0
ygator

Postby kientran » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:40 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('ygator', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('kientran', 'W')hy did you include the rtmpdump package though? I don't see why we need that for sabnzbd.

Sabnzbd needs curl.
curl needs /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0
rtpdump will install /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0

Ah ok, technically you don't need curl if you don't want to use the built in Index site features.
kientran

Postby ygator » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:43 am

Wizard step 5 and /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd stop needs curl
ygator

Postby robotron1971 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('otaku888', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('robotron1971', '
')
Since I was running 0.5.6 http://Arch Linux ARM.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=651 , i thought I would scrap it all, remove all dependencies, and try to use the 0.5.4 instructions (posted above), but still had the same issues.

I then tried to just look at $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Sy sabnzbd ') but was greeted with:$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'e')rror: 'sabnzbd': could not find or read package

I am using nzbget for now, but wondered if anyone else was having similar issues?

I had the same issue when upgrading, turns out the pacman mirrorlist didn't have the AUR repo added, although I only found out by installing from scratch.

That was it exactly!

I manually added the AUR repo, and then did the whole clear cache/force sync and update, and everything is there now. Thanks for the tip!

One important thing though: I still had to tell pacman to install the community/python-cheetah rather than let it install by default, in order to make it work.
robotron1971

Postby ygator » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:05 am

I added a git issue for this, but accidentally closed it. Could someone open it back up. thanks.
ygator

PreviousNext

Return to Packages