[armv7h] U-boot hangs on newer kernels, ReadyNAS 104

Discussion about U-Boot and the kernel.

[armv7h] U-boot hangs on newer kernels, ReadyNAS 104

Postby Abzie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Just after some advice, on newer kernels provided from core the system would not boot. The system hangs on "Starting Kernel..." from serial tty.

Currently stuck on 4.5.4-1-ARCH as the last working version for my armv7h arch on ReadyNAS 104. I appreciate the system is unsupported - but I've expended all my technical knowledge on trying to get it working.

The GPL source for ReadyNAS OS 6.6.0 has uboot source inside, but will not compile due to missing source files. The version on the readynas is some build from 2013. Pacman reports that a uboot update is required, but without the GPL source compiling I dont know where to start with trying to compile the uboot source from denx.de. The denx.de source has no files for mv_ebu boards.
Last edited by WarheadsSE on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: make title detailed
Abzie

Re: [armv7h] Das Uboot hangs on newer kernels

Postby Abzie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Massive favour to ask, could someone compile the armv7h 4.8.10-2 kernel from PKGBUILD source with CONFIG_DEBUG_LL enabled?

At least I could see if the kernel is attempting to boot the nas, however on a 8 year old laptop and a 1.2Ghz nas it would take a very long time to compile.

I would be so grateful if someone would be so kind to devote some CPU cycles

EDIT: Spun up a VPS to do the crunching, hopefully the CONFIG_DEBUG_LL will shed some light.
Abzie

Return to U-Boot/Kernel