Source code for Pogo V4 uBoot

Discussion about U-Boot and the kernel.

Source code for Pogo V4 uBoot

Postby bodhi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:05 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for source code of the uBoot version currently flashed by the installation script. I would appreciate very much if the ALARM developers could point me to where to get either the CE version or the ALARM version:
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Oct 1 2011 - 12:06:06) Cloud Engines 1.1.2 (3.4.27)
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jan 13 2012 - 22:33:21) Arch Linux ARM (PPV4 r1)

Thanks,
bodhi
bodhi

Re: Source code for Pogo V4 uBoot

Postby grayman4hire » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Cloud Engine took down their opensource page for some reason. I was actually looking for the source code this weekend and opened a ticket with them.

Here is their response. I replied back asking for the specific files I wanted but haven't heard back from them yet.
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'The developers page was down since most of the data on it was not update for a very long time and it was not supported by us.

It is now being worked on and should be released in the near future. However, I do not have a timestamp for this.

Sorry for not being able to provide you with a better response.')

http://web.archive.org/web/201205300040 ... opensource
grayman4hire

Postby kmihelich » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 am

Here is the tarball I have that I believe should be the PPV4 U-Boot:
http://us.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/mirro ... ot.tar.bz2

I can't find my changes anywhere anymore (it was a long time ago), but the extent of changes was basically to re-enable commands that were inexplicably missing from the stock build (USB or IDE or both?) and also to patch in the fix for ext2load to have the correct return value. There is a patch floating around out there on the internet for this, which fixes the return value to return 0 if the file isn't found, and the file size in bytes if it is found and actually loaded. As it is now, it returns something other than zero if the file isn't found and it doesn't load anything, which makes ext2load useless for doing stuff like if ext2load usb 0:1 /boot/uImage; then .... This bug is just in these older U-Boot versions, and doesn't exist in newer versions.

Edit: found the aforementioned patch:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'diff --git a/common/cmd_ext2.c b/common/cmd_ext2.c
index 5db42f2..36b0678 100644
--- a/common/cmd_ext2.c
+++ b/common/cmd_ext2.c
@@ -283,7 +283,7 @@ int do_ext2load (cmd_tbl_t *cmdtp, int f
sprintf(buf, "%lX", filelen);
setenv("filesize", buf);

- return(filelen);
+ return(0);
}

U_BOOT_CMD(')
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby bodhi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 am

Awesome! thanks kmihelich.
bodhi

Postby bodhi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Kevin,

I had looked at this uBoot source code, and it was indeed hard to read because it's old and the source tree structure has changed quite a bit since. I have a question, hope you can answer them if you can recall:

To build it, what is the board name in this command? I tried various name but none works! (I might have looked in the wrong place, since my uBoot playing started with 2012 version):
make boardname_config

I'm hoping if I can run it with UART, then I can find where the SATA code is and figure out how to patch the latest uBoot. I've built the 2013.10 version with Davygravy patch, it works fine with only USB. I figure if I can take the SATA code in this tree, I might be able to get it working with the latest source.

Thanks,
bodhi
bodhi

Postby kmihelich » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:57 pm

I don't recall any specific make target, though you may be able to deduce one from the source looking through it more.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby bodhi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks, I'll do that.
bodhi

Return to U-Boot/Kernel