[Out-of-date] Installation on a Pandora

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Re: [Out-of-date] Installation on a Pandora

Postby CPUnltd » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:31 am

I am pretty sure I was able to do a full update to current software from the repos recently, but I think I broke something as I'm having no luck getting online now... just recently got a class 10 8GB card and intend on setting up shop on that with the "current" image and updating to all the latest software to see if I run into any issues... will toss on my usual AUR packages (since packer builds on this just fine) and seeing what I can run on this thing after the update... Hopefully wifi will continue to work... my biggest issue so far has been mounting storage devices. I have yet to get an SD card or flash drive to mount at all and I'm not sure what's missing... I have not seen any other topics started on this setup, so I may start one or two once I get back into playing with it on my Pandora so I can post recent and relevant topics on issues I run into...
If "custom" was mass produced, it would just be a "product line..."

Help grow the dev population, have your techs trained and certified!
CPUnltd

Postby CPUnltd » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:27 am

There was just a recent update to the rootfs that was released for Pandora... I have not personally had a chance to test it out as of yet... It's now running on kernel 3.2... providing a link to the original devs page, though it's not loading on my computers at all atm... it's been noted on the gp32x.com forums and, I believe, on the openpandora forums... if anyone else is able to find direct links (actually technically busy getting X working on an efika) before I get around to it, that would be great... Wanna keep this conversation alive!

http://wejp.k.vu/

CPUnltd

Postby Tempel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm

I just put together a new rootfs based on packages built by community member Cloudef. Thread here, and download here. It's a little more minimal than wejp's original rootfs, but installation instructions are mostly the same. Note that there's also a tool to install it or other rootfses to an SD card automatically.
Tempel

Postby CPUnltd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Glad to hear there's still some efforts to make this happen/possible... I've been consumed by my computer store and have not been able to make time to help out with this. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I'll be able to return...

CPUnltd

Postby CPUnltd » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 am

Just happened upon the fairly updated conversation on the OpenPandora forums. Glad to see this is still steadily moving ahead. As I'm able to make more time, I wish to get back into helping with this project in the ways I am able to. So expect to hear from me about this (preferably before summer) project sometime soon! :D I'd like to see something, eventually, that is installable onto the nand, even if only the more static parts of the install (/boot, etc).

CPUnltd

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices