efika mx smarttop

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Native Kernel

Postby asdil12 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:05 pm

I just submitted a native kernel based on the 3.2 kernel from kernel.org. (like the omap one).

https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/pull/128

You have to enable swap to build this
asdil12

Re: efika mx smarttop

Postby CPUnltd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('asdil12', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('CPUnltd', 'I') got the tarballs extracted on a 4GB SD card, but now I'm lost as to how I find out what hardware I'm working with to install the proper drivers for the GPU...

Posted a comment at http://heidler.eu/blog/arch-efikamx how to install the GPU driver.

I got an Xserver started after performing this steps, but I didn't get opengl to use hw-acceleration, and for example the xfce4 windowbars are looking quite ugly.

Currently I'm just using the xf86-video-fbdev driver, which just uses the framebuffer-driver that is working out of the box, and gives me the same resolution as the imx-driver does.

Ok... so I believe that I have gotten past the non-functional "X" issue... but one thing that bugs me is that I get this endless error that has filled up my everything.log, errors.log and daemon.log up to 9.5GB per file. The error is:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
udevd[663]: unable to receive ctrl connection: Function not implemented
')
and I'm not sure what to do with this. it seems to be in a real endless loop and I'm sure it is killing SD card performance and lifespan. Anyone have any ideas on this?
If "custom" was mass produced, it would just be a "product line..."

Help grow the dev population, have your techs trained and certified!
CPUnltd

Postby kmihelich » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:56 am

That's from using an older kernel that isn't compatible with the newer udev. Install the udev-oxnas package, which is 175 with the accept4 patch. Should get rid of that problem.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby CPUnltd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 am

Thank you... that worked out perfectly! No more udev error... and I have ENLIGHTENMENT WORKING ON MY EFIKA!!!!!

EDIT: now the issue I'm facing is that the mouse only moves vertically (and I have to physically move the mouse horizontally in order to see that movement)... so I move the mouse left and right, the cursor moves up and down... that's all I get. And the buttons & scroll wheel don't work... is there a defect with the mouse drivers? So close and yet so far!

EDIT 2: Stuck between a rock and a hard place... New udev allows mouse to work fine, but causes error from last post. Old udev removes error messages, BUT does not seem to properly support mouse... Only feasable solution is to get an updated Arch kernel that will work on the efika... will make a backup of the current SD card before I test any of the kernels in the ALARM repos... if anyone knows of one that works, please post. I have gotten it generally working and added a large number of packages from AUR (after manually installing packer and appseet-qt)...even got e17 running on it! but it seems sluggish and I'd like to eliminate that udev error as the culprit.
If "custom" was mass produced, it would just be a "product line..."

Help grow the dev population, have your techs trained and certified!
CPUnltd

Previous

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices