Porting of ArchLinux to Telechips TCC8925 based Equiso

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Porting of ArchLinux to Telechips TCC8925 based Equiso

Postby sathishmls » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

Hello everyone,

A new Android based HDMI stick device called Equiso URL - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/202 ... a-smart-tv is being developed which currenly runs Android 4.0 and possibly Android 4.1.

I want to run ArchLinux on Equiso. Hence i decided to port it to Equiso before the device reaches me :)
Parallelly i have another forum http://forum.sknsons.com

The Equiso uses Cortex A5 based Telechips TCC8925 processor.

Please can you all share me the development environment which i will need like ARM emulator(must support Cortex-A5), Cortex-A5 supported GCC, etc...

Thanks,
B.Sathish Kumar
sathishmls

Re: Porting of ArchLinux to Telechips TCC8925 based Equiso

Postby maraudero » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi there.
I'm also interested in porting archlinux to this devices. I've buyed a cheap mini-pc with a telechips board and began to compile some things like kernel, ncurses...
The toolchain i'm using is arm-linux-none-gnueabi (available in AUR). Ncurses and kernel (the one from telechips) compiled OK, but then I try to compile nano and configure fails to load the curses library. I must have something misconfigured in my environment but i don't know... and the lack of info for this telechips don't help too much

I will try this week to look time for work on this and publish more info.

p.d. I'm not english speaker, apologies for the bad english. I try to do the best I can :)

p.p.d Anyone know how to debug this devices over usb? An usb-rs232 cable? It's my first attempt to port something to arm and also my first try on embebbed systems so i'm completely lost... Any help would be greatly appreciated
maraudero

Re: Porting of ArchLinux to Telechips TCC8925 based Equiso

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:37 pm

There is nothing to "port". You need to bring your own kernel & modules, otherwise grab a rootfs tree with the appropriate processor family, and run.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices