ZyXEL NSA320: eth0 "link is not ready"

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Re: ZyXEL NSA320: eth0 "link is not ready"

Postby gisErre » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 am

OK, thank you very much !
It works !

sorry to bother you with my questions, now I want to set up my Asus u3100 dvb-t tuner
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Asus_U3100_Mini_plus_DVB-T wich is supported in the kernel 3.7
there is also a git repository with a driver that works only with linux-3.2.1 and newer

what is the best way ? jump to 3.7 ? is it safe ?
or to 3.2.1 and patch it ?

is there an how-to for building and installing a kernel on nsa320 ?

do I need to upgrade uboot ?
gisErre

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm

You do not need to upgrade uboot on the NSA320, it has an already capable uboot.

linux-kirkwood might be what you want, which I believe was recently bumped to 3.7.2
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby lancej29 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm

@WarheadsSE,

A while back you said you were going to request the NSA320 stock source and try to see what was different that allowed the stock software to reliably get the network up. Were you able to make any progress on that? I have a functioning Arch installation on my NSA320, but it still occasionally fails to get the network to boot, even with the "power resume" script.

Also, I still don't understand exactly what the script is doing (other than toggling some GPIO pins). That is, I understand the script, but not what effect it has on the hardware -- what are those GPIO lines connected to? Can you give me a link to a more detailed explanation?

Thanks
lancej29

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Those GPIO pins are attached to a NV gate that controls the behavior of the PWM on-board the NSA320, one is a "open for signalling" and the other is the "signal". Hence you need to turn one up, set the other one, then turn the first back down.

The issue appears to come down to the cycling of the Ethernet PHY & voltages that are present at the time, but I've been distracted by paid work lately.
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby loicPi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:01 am

Hello !

I'm on the point to install archLinux on my new NSA320. (I'm now busy with a full backup of my HDD). I was scared seeing this topic : I've some experience with Linux but I'm not an expert !

I've prepared a USB key with archLinux.

If the eth0 doesn't work, how to access to the console of the NSA320 ? On which IP adress ? By ssh ? (Some basic questions, sorry!)
loicPi

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm

With a 3.3V TTL serial adapter.
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Previous

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices