NSA320 uBoot Question

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Re: NSA320 uBoot Question

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 pm

minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 115200
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby fritzvd » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Back again. Thanks for the command, it wasn't actually anything on that end. Nor is the device bricked. Cool beans. I tried with a USB to UART cable, works like a charm.

Something wrong in the partitioning I guess. I get a kernel panic. I'll try again. I tried to set the env variables to boot from stock. It works setting it back not with fw_setenv but with setenv, is this fw_setenv something that changes firmware settings from the NAND linux install in the same way as setenv works from the uboot console?

Also when I then boot from NAND it recognizes the kernel image and starts extracting, but does not really do anything more after:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '........... done, booting the kernel.')

*edit
Hip hip hoora.. In the uboot I did resetenv to see if that would resolve anything. rebooted. And the NAND img actually started to boot. Plugged in the USB that I created beforehand with the smaller disk in the left slot. And it installed alright. Can't get ssh in yet.

I get a whole list of errors that keeps going on:

Anyone know what is going on here?

edit 2:
Downloaded the august image: http://us.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/os/armv5te/ and it's working now.

Thanks for all the help. But is this a more common issue with the November image?
fritzvd

Postby ormiller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:00 pm

I had the same issue on my NSA325 with syslog-ng. I also had to load the August version then do an pacman -Suy. Once updated the system still ran without error messages.
ormiller

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Seems like an image-wide issue.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Previous

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices