ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby kb3pev » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Anyone having issue's with wifi after updating the system. I have no idea what's causing it yet. Also having issues with the keyboard.

Thanks,
Mike
kb3pev
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby kb3pev » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Sorry double post
Last edited by kb3pev on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kb3pev
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby relghuar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 am

kb3pev wrote:Anyone having issue's with wifi after updating the system. I have no idea what's causing it yet. Also having issues with the keyboard.

Thanks,
Mike


My wifi also stopped working today after reboot (after full system update), I suppose the cause is somewhere between NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant, as turning off network manager and setting up wpa and dhcp manually started the wifi just fine. NetworkManager just kept trying to connect, always asking for password. I'll try to get some logs out tomorrow
Regards,
relghuar
relghuar
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby kb3pev » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Since my install was new I just started fresh and didn't update wpa_supplicant. That did the trick.

The other thing I was wondering is if anyone had a pkgbuild for the new jdk8 from java. Cant find one anywhere and I don't trust myself making one.
kb3pev
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Essentially, https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jdk-devel/ .. you will have to modify some things to make it work/grab the appropriate ARM versions.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer
 
Posts: 6786
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby kb3pev » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 pm

I was going to try that later today if I get the chance. The other issue I'm running into is copying the flash and googletalk plugins over from ChromeOS. I know they are working in the ubuntu builds. Someone was working on recompiling it earlier. Anyone had any luck?
Michael

*Edit*
I'm betting the problem comes from being on an older build of Chromium.
kb3pev
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby stronnag » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:23 pm

kb3pev wrote:I was going to try that later today if I get the chance. The other issue I'm running into is copying the flash and googletalk plugins over from ChromeOS. I know they are working in the ubuntu builds. Someone was working on recompiling it earlier. Anyone had any luck?
Michael

*Edit*
I'm betting the problem comes from being on an older build of Chromium.


Works for me (modulo the crappy non-accelerated video performance) using Chromium 20.0.1132.57-1 from 'extra' and the pepperflash plugin copied from the Chromeos partition. In /etc/chromium/default, I have:

Code: Select all
# Options to pass to chromium
CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.3.31.518 --ppapi-flash-args=enable_hw_video_decode=0,enable_stagevideo_auto=0,enable_trace_to_console=0"


Don't suppose anyone knows the magic for getting speakers / headphones to switch on headphone plug in /out ?
stronnag
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby jkirby » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 am

relghuar wrote:
kb3pev wrote:Anyone having issue's with wifi after updating the system. I have no idea what's causing it yet. Also having issues with the keyboard.

Thanks,
Mike


My wifi also stopped working today after reboot (after full system update), I suppose the cause is somewhere between NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant, as turning off network manager and setting up wpa and dhcp manually started the wifi just fine. NetworkManager just kept trying to connect, always asking for password. I'll try to get some logs out tomorrow
Regards,
relghuar


relghuar: Can you tell me how you got this working manually? I am struggling.
jkirby
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby jkirby » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:39 am

Scratch that. I got it working manually. It has only taken me a week!

1) systemctl stop net-auto-wireless.service
2) systemctl disable net-auto-wireless.service
3) ip link set mlan0 up
4) iwconfig mlan0 essid linksys (in my case, the AP is 'linksys'; 'any' should work as well)

If your AP is open:

5) iwconfig mlan0 enc off
6) iwconfig mlan0 key off

Finish it up

7) iwconfig mlan0 ap auto
8) dhcpcd mlan0
jkirby
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 am

Re: ALARM on Samsung ARM Chromebook

Postby relghuar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 am

jkirby wrote:Scratch that. I got it working manually. It has only taken me a week!

1) systemctl stop net-auto-wireless.service
2) systemctl disable net-auto-wireless.service
3) ip link set mlan0 up
4) iwconfig mlan0 essid linksys (in my case, the AP is 'linksys'; 'any' should work as well)

If your AP is open:

5) iwconfig mlan0 enc off
6) iwconfig mlan0 key off

Finish it up

7) iwconfig mlan0 ap auto
8) dhcpcd mlan0



Naa, too complicated :) I just set up wpa_supplicant.conf and dhcpcd.conf (I think), with correct configs you only need to disable NetworkManager.service and enable wpa-supplicant@mlan0 (needs little tweaking as it always crates symlink for wlan0) and dhchcd -after that everything goes automatically, eve after reboot. The only think I'm not sure of is standby mode, the only time I've tried that whole machine hung up on me. I'll post exact wpa and dhcp configs tonight or tomorrow - this time for sure :/ I just have to get home from the cottage :
Regards
rel
relghuar
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest