ODroid X2 HDMI woes

Install Arch Linux ARM on other devices.

ODroid X2 HDMI woes

Postby MrTortoise » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm

So get it set up ... hdmi is not working, i can ssh in and have set up various things (eg resizing partition). followed the instructions on the page
http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/odroid-xx2

Then found this thread ...
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4648

The only sensible setting i found that fbset -fb /dev/fb6 ... which was monitors native res.
Although that command doesn't seem to do anything at all ... but then i don't really understand how it can effect the hdmi on next boot.

Also cannot find anything searching. Am really looking for inspiration as to where to look.
The android image I found works fine and I guess I *could* make so with that but i really wanted to get arch working - failing that im gonna end up going ubuntu and feeling like i learned nothing :(

It does kinda feel like a display mode problem though. Playing with the jumper settings didn't help. Kinda wish i got the debug board now as I bet its outputting to the serial port or whatever :/

Update:
Have switched to ubuntu - and it works .. however I don't see the console as its booting. This really feels like / or at least in some way related to an issue i had with my other PC and its monitor when i upgraded to silly res ips. I am not quite sure what the problem was buts its like it starts in a mode that is non native to the monitor so the monitor pretends there is no signal at all (In the case i mean i think beacuse i was using an old cable that didnt support the high res of the monitors native res). The funny thing is that the odroid is on the monitor i have that so far has always worked with every device i have played with. Although the native res of the monitor i am using it on is not 1080 ... its 1900x1200 or whatever that res is ie its 19:10 not 19:9. I cant test that in any way as i don't have a monitor with native of 1900x1080 or 720p.

Does this give anyone any ideas?
MrTortoise

Return to [Please read announcement] Community-Supported Devices