Updated SheevaPlug Guide

Arch Linux ARM announcements, news, and other important things are posted here.

Re: Updated SheevaPlug Guide

Postby fovea1959 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 pm

uploaded where?
fovea1959

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Go to http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/sheevaplug and click on Installation. The link for the new installer is there.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby upallnight » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 am

I am having trouble understanding the SheevaPlug Guide, particularly step 6
As a root user (using su or sudo), choose one of either mmc (run Arch Linux ARM from an SD card) or nand (run Arch Linux ARM from the internal memory) and run: php runme.php (mmc|nand)

I assume that means as a root user on the SheevaPlug.

After following step 5, the USB stick (and I assume the SD card) are attached to the SheevaPlug. The SheevaPlug is running the OS that came on it (Debian) and has no php executable nor anything called runme.php

Please help me understand how to complete step 6 after literally following steps 1 - 5

Additionally, how am I supposed to be connected to the SheevaPlug: Ethernet (SSH) or terminal (USB)? After completing step 5 am I supposed to reboot the SheevaPlug?

Also, how is the SD card supposed to be formatted (if at all). I couldn't find any mention of it.
upallnight

Postby kowalski » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:23 am

Hi,
first of all the command $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '(sudo) php runme.php [mmc|nand]') is supposed to be executed on the host machine where you extracted the sheevaplug-installer on.

In order for the installer to work you should interrupt the plug's boot process by connecting the mini-USB cable and then powering it on. By quickly connecting to the serial console and pressing the any button you can drop to the $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Marvell>>') prompt.

Now you have to run aforementioned runme.php and just wait for a good 5+ minutes. You might run into additional problems during installation.

Hope this helps. If you have trouble installing please ask in the appropriate section and I'll try to assist further.

Cheers
kowalski

Return to Announcements