PlugUI is out for testing!

Arch Linux ARM announcements, news, and other important things are posted here.

Re: PlugUI is out for testing!

Postby hojnikb » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:45 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mrsteveman1', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('hojnikb', 'y')eah that would be great.

It's done, next package will have a simple but functional page for running commands

Great, thats all i really need from a webui.
Now i will finally be able to ditch webmin for good :D
+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ +°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~I ♥ my DockStar :oops:~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°++°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~
Linux = Be root
Windows = reboot

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~DockStar, Marvell CPU @ 1.2Ghz, 128MB RAM, 4GB rootfs + 160GB°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
hojnikb

Postby jazviper » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mrsteveman1', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('jazviper', 'L')ooks pretty cool thus far. One question though, why can't I find my plug on the plugfinder when I'm using dyndns?

Probably a bug, which plug are you using and what sort of connection? Wireless or ethernet?

Using a wired connection into a router running tomato firmware. It found me when I wasn't using dyndns, started using that and nothing.

*Edit* also running on a pogoplug v.2
jazviper

Postby hojnikb » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Maybe in the next release it would be nice to have all the basic info on the first page, something like status page but on the first page.
Linux = Be root
Windows = reboot

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~DockStar, Marvell CPU @ 1.2Ghz, 128MB RAM, 4GB rootfs + 160GB°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
hojnikb

Postby mrsteveman1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('jazviper', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mrsteveman1', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('jazviper', 'L')ooks pretty cool thus far. One question though, why can't I find my plug on the plugfinder when I'm using dyndns?

Probably a bug, which plug are you using and what sort of connection? Wireless or ethernet?

Using a wired connection into a router running tomato firmware. It found me when I wasn't using dyndns, started using that and nothing.

*Edit* also running on a pogoplug v.2

DNS shouldn't change anything, but if your real IP changes before the plug maintenance system runs again there won't be a record of your location having a plug yet, so plugfinder wont have a link for you to click.

Run the maintenance system and tell me what happens.
mrsteveman1

Postby jazviper » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:12 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mrsteveman1', 'D')NS shouldn't change anything, but if your real IP changes before the plug maintenance system runs again there won't be a record of your location having a plug yet, so plugfinder wont have a link for you to click.

Run the maintenance system and tell me what happens.

That's what it was. Thanks for the info.
jazviper

Postby BinaryJay » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Is it possible that the settings for plugui can get moved to a configuration file instead of inside the init script?

Every time it upgrades I have to modify the script to put it's port back away from 80. It would also be fine if this was moved to a random unused port that isn't shared by existing services.

Thanks.
BinaryJay

Postby pepedog » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:21 pm

I asked for this too.
Think I read port 80 is because it can use a Google location service, so you can connect from anywhere (like the pogoplug service), and port 80 is not likely to be blocked.
pepedog
Developer

Postby hojnikb » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Is it possible to point File browser to somewhere else than /media ?
Becouse i dont have anything there ;)
Linux = Be root
Windows = reboot

hojnikb

Postby hojnikb » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mikestaszel', 'I')'m sure we'll eventually get around to making a Transmission page. What about just an iframe with the regular Transmission Web Interface inside?

Cant wait for this ;)
Everything i need at one place ;)
Linux = Be root
Windows = reboot

hojnikb

Postby kmihelich » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Remember fellas, if you have a feature request, issue, or bug, please use the GitHub tracker to bring it to attention. That link brings you to the PlugUI tracker, be sure you're posting there and not to Arch Linux ARM. It's much easier for us to see what needs to happen when it's there.. scouring the forums for issues doesn't happen often.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements